What should the White Sox do with Carlos Rodon?

Dam8610

What should the White Sox do with Carlos Rodon?   

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the White Sox do with Carlos Rodon?

• Keep him in the bullpen
    • Start him, replacing Noesi
    • Start him, replacing Danks
    • Send him back to AAA and start him
    • Lyle Mouton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ May 10, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
I think the Hector Noesi fun train has hit the end of the line. So what if we roll 4 lefties deep? Those are our best starters TFN

I mean, Lyle Mouton

Exactly. Plan on a few spot starts from a Beck, Carroll, Noesi, or otherwise along the way, if they're wanting to preserve him for the stretch run/possible postseason.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 10, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Rodon replaces Noesi, Danks contract makes him a starter.

Well that, and he's probably better than Noesi, still. I'm about done with the Hector reclamation.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
If he can do what he did today each time he pitches, I'd be more than happy with him. Giving up 1-2 runs over 7 innings isn't that bad from a #5 starter.

That isn't that bad from any starter.

This season has been so chaotic, there's no rhyme or reason so f*** it, start Rodon and let it sort itself out. Tired of Danks and Noesi. One of them has to go.

In ST I would not have thought this but for now, keep Danks in the rotation ( god help me for even saying it), slide Rodon into his place and put Noesi in pen. If Noesi is suitable.

Even if Noesi deserves it more (and that's arguable, at best...and doesn't take into account Danks' history since 2007 with the White Sox, the 2008 Blackout Game, the surgery/comeback), then you're still going to be taking John simply because of that contract.

Sure, it's a "sunk cost," Noesi has four additional earned runs due to Rodon's wildness that would make his numbers look a lot better if subtracted...but, Danks has also gotten his fastball up into the 91-92 MPH range this last start, and his "quick pitch" style of attack seems to be more effective, whether from the stretch or with nobody on base.

Whether that will hold up, nobody knows...especially during the prime home run months at USCF, but I just don't see any way they stick with Noesi over Danks. Another argument is keeping another RHP in the rotation to provide balance, but that, in and of itself, doesn't seem to be enough to be considered THE deciding factor. $$$ still trumps everything else, if performances are similar.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 11, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
Just reread my post. Would like to clarify, keep Danks in the rotation and move Noesi to the pen with Rodon taking Noesi's spot in the rotation.

Apologies, had a few beers this evening. :)

I think Reds and Tigers fans might have joined you last night.

Or Bulls' fans.