Music and more Music

LDF

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
I have no problem with a long show from Pearl Jam. People pay a lot of money for those shows, it's a big event.

But when you're just at a club in february for some small band and they leave their guitars out and lights low and make you wait 10 more minute sbefore playing some bsides it's just like, No. Japandroids has a nice profanity-laced tirade against encores, but, they are canadian, so may not count.

Pffft lol what is this. Legitimate encores? Nonsense. It's fun, I come to see a band play, they leave for a couple minutes, catch their breaths, the crowd catches a buzz and starts ramping up again, the band comes out and kills it for a few more songs. f*** that elitist snobbery about the legitimacy of an encore, I don't come to golf clap and go home.

Doesn't seem like Japandroids hate encores too too much

http://myspiltmilk.com/japandroids-just-want-party

Still love you bmags lol

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naw it's so vain. "We'll only play our full set if you cheer really hard!"

It's like rushing the field when u of I beats North texas in football. Some shows deserve it but the vast majority it's just institutionalizing it to the point it's lost all it's fun. Make encore's great again!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
Pffft lol what is this. Legitimate encores? Nonsense. It's fun, I come to see a band play, they leave for a couple minutes, catch their breaths, the crowd catches a buzz and starts ramping up again, the band comes out and kills it for a few more songs. f*** that elitist snobbery about the legitimacy of an encore, I don't come to golf clap and go home.

Doesn't seem like Japandroids hate encores too too much

http://myspiltmilk.com/japandroids-just-want-party

Still love you bmags lol

Hey that article proves my point! "“I think we’ve done two encores in the history of the band, and the second one was last night,” Prowse says. "

When they did it was for a great show (probably).

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
Hey that article proves my point! "“I think we’ve done two encores in the history of the band, and the second one was last night,” Prowse says. "

When they did it was for a great show (probably).

They didn't say anything about preserving the sanctity of an encore, merely that they are usually too tired and beat the s*** out of their instruments.

So, when you feel the institutionalized encore is coming, do you leave before it starts?

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Eddie seemed to have 2-3 more MPH on his fastball last night. It's also the last live show scheduled for PJ I believe for the foreseeable future, so they seemed to bring it.

Six hours of Pearl Jam in about 48 hours, and they maybe repeated 6-8 tracks. :)

70 songs sang only repeats, I think

Alive

Jeremy

Surrender

Betterman

evenflow

mind your manners

that stupid cub song...which if not written for the cubs is actually a pretty good song

I will admit I'm a Pearl Jam nut job but I always laugh when i see the "so you saw the same show this many times in a year?". The bands catalog is so deep you never see the same show. They've played over 1000 shows, and never played the same setlist. The fans like me keep coming because you look forward to hearing different songs live, and the rare ones too. It's hard to explain how much their music has meant to my life but I really do think people don't realize how much of a following they have.

I saw the opening shows in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami in April and then the last two shows of the tour at Wrigley. If you've never seen them live it really is a whole different experience. I honestly plan vacations around Pearl Jam tours because its such a great time with all the fans in different cities. Seeing them just gets better every time, and Monday at Wrigley was the best show I've seen from them. 25 years and still bringing it every night.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
Have you ever participated in yelling ENCORE...ENCORE....ENCORE...and have them come out after your repeated requests?

Didnt think so, you havent f***ing lived, bmags.

I didn't think he was gonna do Moon river, but then BAM!, second encore!

oILsr.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Banks & Steelz (Paul Banks from Interpol and the RZA from the WU) last night at Lincoln Hall, pretty great show. I shared a bottle with RZA too. I highly suggest you check out their album Anything But Words. Giant, Ana Electronica and Love and War are standouts from the album.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Didnt they move Riotfest so that this problem would be reduced?

They moved riotfest from humboldt due to community complaints. It is bye and large a lot easier to get to humboldt park than douglas park.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
Did anyone go to Riotfest?

I went on Sunday. Mostly just went for Bad Religion and Misfits. Both were good. Watching the Misfits was a little bit surreal at first.

Also saw Rob Zombie, not a huge fan, but thought he was pretty good. He probably sounded the best out of all the bands I saw.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
I went on Sunday. Mostly just went for Bad Religion and Misfits. Both were good. Watching the Misfits was a little bit surreal at first.

Also saw Rob Zombie, not a huge fan, but thought he was pretty good. He probably sounded the best out of all the bands I saw.

Good to hear, wanted to see Misfits.

When it was at Humboldt Park every show sounded awful. I stopped going, it was just walk around for 30 minutes, go to a stage 500 yards back, listen to a horribly mixed show where all you can hear is feedback bass and kickdrum, go to next bad show.