LaRoche to sit out first two BOS games

southsider2k5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
His "pride" comment was BS and disappoints me. Dude you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat. So, you're sat and you're pride is hurt? Get the f*** over yourself. This isn't little league.

I think he meant his pride is hurt because he's playing so poorly.

His "pride" comment was BS and disappoints me. Dude you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat. So, you're sat and you're pride is hurt? Get the f*** over yourself. This isn't little league.

It's possible he's referring to his overall poor performance hurting the team.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:19 AM)

It wasn't a bad quote. It also said he agreed with the decision to sit. I hate LaRoche but I'm not going to make him out as some evil guy. If Melky can suck it up and get this hot, maybe there's hope for LaRoche if he wakes up now. It certainly helps when the team is flirting with .500 again. Team is red red hot. Ride this streak as long as they can and then after they lose, hope they can right the ship immediately and not lose 5 in a row (again).

It wasn't a bad quote. It also said he agreed with the decision to sit. I hate LaRoche but I'm not going to make him out as some evil guy. If Melky can suck it up and get this hot, maybe there's hope for LaRoche if he wakes up now. It certainly helps when the team is flirting with .500 again. Team is red red hot. Ride this streak as long as they can and then after they lose, hope they can right the ship immediately and not lose 5 in a row (again).

And this is why valuation statistics exist.

LaRoche...has none. Like literally...NO value. No matter how you turn things around and upside down and inside out....

Melky...does.

LaRoche is an albatross. I saw in an earlier thread a guy talked about "that other French guy"...talking about Francouer.

Was funny, but he was right. Fancouer would've been a smarter move than this guy....

Maybe we should just avoid LEFT hitting "Adam"s.

Edited by Ballz-n-Strikes

QUOTE (Ballz-n-Strikes @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)
And this is why valuation statistics exist.

LaRoche...has none. Like literally...NO value. No matter how you turn things around and upside down and inside out....

Melky...does.

LaRoche is an albatross. I saw in an earlier thread a guy talked about "that other French guy"...talking about Francouer.

Was funny, but he was right. Fancouer would've been a smarter move than this guy....

Maybe we should just avoid LEFT hitting "Adam"s.

But Eaton! :lol:

Yea, you completely took his quote the wrong way.

Yeah, I saw nothing wrong with those comments. He's a competitor and wants to play and admits the rest was good for him but that his pride is hurt (because of his poor play, not because Robin sat him). I also think his hand is hurt and he's playing through it and his performance is suffering as a result (I might be completely wrong though).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)
Yeah, I saw nothing wrong with those comments. He's a competitor and wants to play and admits the rest was good for him but that his pride is hurt (because of his poor play, not because Robin sat him). I also think his hand is hurt and he's playing through it and his performance is suffering as a result (I might be completely wrong though).

Why his hand? Where did you get that from?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)

Very bottom of this Herm Schneider interview recap.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2015/7/8/89104...-up-on-injuries

LaRoche complained about hand soreness in the beginning of the season, and according to Schneider, the soreness was in some "serious places on the hand." After performing tests, LaRoche didn't break his hamate but occasionally still experiences soreness in his right hand.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)

I'm going off some comments Herm Schneider made a month ago. Might have been an article on southsidesox, but talked about how Gordon and LaRoche hold the bat and how it makes them susceptible to hand injuries. Reading between the lines, it kind of sounded like Adam was dealing with something at that time.

LaRoche complained about hand soreness in the beginning of the season, and according to Schneider, the soreness was in some "serious places on the hand." After performing tests, LaRoche didn't break his hamate but occasionally still experiences soreness in his right hand. Something to keep an eye on because a nagging injury like this can zap the power from a batter's swing, and could be a factor on why LaRoche's slugging percentage is below .400.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
Very bottom of this Herm Schneider interview recap.

You had obviously read the same piece I had. This is why I have said I won't just DFA LaRoche. While I don't know if he'll be able to produce and get through the injury this year, I still think theirs a solid shot that he'll be a productive player for the club next year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
You had obviously read the same piece I had. This is why I have said I won't just DFA LaRoche. While I don't know if he'll be able to produce and get through the injury this year, I still think theirs a solid shot that he'll be a productive player for the club next year.

I'd also be willing to bet that his dropoff has been more related to injury than anything else. The media has probably under reported that - the Herm interview was an exclusive for SSS and for some reason nobody else has noticed that key piece of information. Unless there are other articles out there, in which case I'm completely wrong.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
I'd also be willing to bet that his dropoff has been more related to injury than anything else. The media has probably under reported that - the Herm interview was an exclusive for SSS and for some reason nobody else has noticed that key piece of information. Unless there are other articles out there, in which case I'm completely wrong.

I also always have had this perception that LaRoche is one of those old school players that will never make an excuse. So I am sure he hasn't reported it to anyone within the media.