David Price to Toronto

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That would leave them with Verlander, A.Sanchez, Urias and mystery/mystery for their starting rotation.

Of course, if they ended up signing the likes of Greinke or Cueto as a FA, then they'd immediately vault back into discussion as a playoff contender in 2016.

You could also see them bringing back Rick Porcello for a "fixer-upper" contract (one year and option) in order to make another run at free agency like Justin Masterson attempted with the Red Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
That would leave them with Verlander, A.Sanchez, Urias and mystery/mystery for their starting rotation.

Of course, if they ended up signing the likes of Greinke or Cueto as a FA, then they'd immediately vault back into discussion as a playoff contender in 2016.

Urias also is only 18 but progressing rapidly.

You could also see them bringing back Rick Porcello for a "fixer-upper" contract (one year and option) in order to make another run at free agency like Justin Masterson attempted with the Red Sox.

That would make sense if, you know, he didnt sign that massive albatross extension with the Red Sox.

Porcello already got a big contract last April.

Edit: dunt beat me to it

Edited by soxfan2014

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 6m6 minutes ago Manhattan, NY

there's some thought dodgers are about to add alex wood as ammunition to get the big target david price

‏@BNightengale

MLB executives are absolutely convinced #Tigers David Price will wind up with the #Dodgers, who likely will have to part with Urias.

Wow, I think I'd have rather gone for Hamels if I were the Dodgers (vs. looking at having both Price and Greinke on the market). Urias and Wood seems like a pretty steap price for PRICE. However, Dodgers aren't even a lock to make the playoffs, but if they get in the playoffs, with Price, I'd say that from a post-season perspective, I'd have them down as the favorites. Of course that is on paper.

I honestly think I'd rank the Sox pretty highly if they were in the playoffs as well. I like our front of the rotation as much as any currently constructed in baseball and have faith in the back of our pen. To be frank, if we had another good outfielder who could play D, I'd have even more confidence. Note, this doesn't mean that said club would actually make the playoffs though...just saying if it did, we'd be dangerous (which has long been the approach I took from the off-season...wouldn't list us as a favorite for the playoffs, but if we got into the playoffs, I'd watch out).

I would really like to see the Sox add a dynamic outfielder to the mix.

I really really really hope the Dodgers hold onto Wood and Urias. If the Tigers are unable to trade Price for pitching, their pitching staff is f***ed for years to come. As a Sox fan, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think the Dodgers keep the pitching and look to deal a few outfielders. The Dodgers can go after Price this winter and it will not cost them prospects they covet so much.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:58 AM)
And it would strengthen Detroit in the future. I'm hoping Detroit wins today and stays pat.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Executive involved in bidding for Price believes #BlueJays may indeed be close to landing him. “Not going to go on much longer,” he said.