Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
This Cubs team is just about unbeatable with the wind howling out like this. So many players in that lineup with perfect swings for this ballpark/weather. Only team that matched them at home with wind blowing out this year was the Tigers.

I know what happened in the regular season, but I think the Mets could battle them now. Lots of similar bats, boom or bust.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)
Please just show up next week Dodgers/Mets. Knowing how this season has gone, Kershaw/Cespedes/Familia and AGon will get into a fight tonight and be suspended for 10 games.

I really think those two are on a another level then this cubs vs cardinals series

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
If the Sox organization was in any way competent, I wouldn't care about the Cubs success. But since our franchise has been terrible for the last few years with no end of futility in sight, I am resigned to rooting against the Cubs. This sucks.

Agreed..if Sox are going to suck, then I automatically root for Cubs not to win it all

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
To me, the Garcia error on the Hendricks bunt was the turning point of this entire series.

It was definitely the turning point, but that HR was when it was apparent (to me atleast) the Cards were done.

Even with that Heyward HR, you just feel the Cubs will hit a few more HRs with this wind

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
Bad time to have your worst game of the second half Arrieta. It's a bullpen game now. If the cards can hold the Cubs scoreless here on out I think they win this game. Big if of course. Series is over if Cards pull this one out.

I have more confidence in the Cards' bullpen.