why not go for Brett lawrie?

Knackattack

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
I fully expect him to be on the White Sox within the next week.

Yep, and I bet it costs more than we think. Wouldn't be a shock to see a Lawrie for Erik Johnson swaps as A's looking for starting pitching.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
Yep, and I bet it costs more than we think. Wouldn't be a shock to see a Lawrie for Erik Johnson swaps as A's looking for starting pitching.

That would be an interesting swap. Two guys that haven't really reach their potentials. I think Lawrie would be a really interesting option to slide to 2B while still going for another 3B. 15-20 HR out of the 2B position would be a big plus.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
What would you call EJ? He's already failed once in the majors as well.

Not saying I'd make the trade, but I could see the logic.

He's been called up 3 times at the end of 2013,14, and 15 . 2 times I would call it a success one time a failure. Why would you focus on the failure since after that failure he corrected what was wrong and once again appears to be a pitcher who could be a fixture in the rotation for a while. He's also our only righty in the rotation at the moment. Number 4 starters on today's market are worth a lot. I"ll go out on a limb and say he puts up similar numbers as Jordan Zimmerman this year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
I have no idea what to expect out of EJ this year. I could see him having a Gavin Floyd '08 type of year (high 3s ERA), and I could also see him in the 4.75-5 ERA range. But I'd like to find out.

i too agree .... ej failed and then succeeded in the minors again, he was a late call up, but does that really count???

new season, hopefully a well rested arm, and a great mind set will go a long way for him.

but i would say this, his value in any trade is nothing, unless as a throw in.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
What would you call EJ? He's already failed once in the majors as well.

Not saying I'd make the trade, but I could see the logic.

All of the mechanical changes Johnson made which led to, not only International League pitcher of the year results, but also the large measurable increase in velocity detailed here.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/11/24/erik-john...-pitcher-health

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
All of the mechanical changes Johnson made which led to, not only International League pitcher of the year results, but also the large measurable increase in velocity detailed here.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/11/24/erik-john...-pitcher-health

Very promising. Had a great year.

The Sox really waited to bring him up for some reason.

Wouldn't surprise me if they trade him, and likely below value.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Very promising. Had a great year.

The Sox really waited to bring him up for some reason.

The rotation was full? They knew by the end of the season they'd have room for him both with rosters expanding and with not wanting to push Rodon's innings total?

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
I sorted all qualifying MLB'ers by BB/K. Lawrie was 4th worst. I think he is the exact opposite of what this team needs.

He's not a good hitter, that's for sure. And Beane likes the guys who take a walk. You just can't give up much for him.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
The rotation was full? They knew by the end of the season they'd have room for him both with rosters expanding and with not wanting to push Rodon's innings total?

Certainly plausible. I hope that was the reason.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
i too agree .... ej failed and then succeeded in the minors again, he was a late call up, but does that really count???

new season, hopefully a well rested arm, and a great mind set will go a long way for him.

but i would say this, his value in any trade is nothing, unless as a throw in.

The International League pitcher of the year has no value ? Only as a throw in ? Surely you jest. Is this a case of you under valuing him because he plays for the Sox and not the Red Sox, Cubs or Dodgers ? With the price of pitching sky high and teams still reluctant to trade high profile minor league talent I don't understand the value you have assigned to him. As of this moment he likely has more value than Spencer Adams and probably equal to Montas. Are they just throw ins also ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
The International League pitcher of the year has no value ? Only as a throw in ? Surely you jest. Is this a case of you under valuing him because he plays for the Sox and not the Red Sox, Cubs or Dodgers ? With the price of pitching sky high and teams still reluctant to trade high profile minor league talent I don't understand the value you have assigned to him. As of this moment he likely has more value than Spencer Adams and probably equal to Montas. Are they just throw ins also ?

The 2012, 2013, and 2014 IL pitchers of the year are not in the major leagues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
The 2012, 2013, and 2014 IL pitchers of the year are not in the major leagues.

Yes ,I know ,I looked it up ahead of time. So are you making a point or just giving me facts ? Take a stand buddy. I value your opinion . What's your outlook on his worth in a trade. Will he be a successful ML starting pitcher ?