Jose Fernandez Trade Talks Heating Up

GGajewski18

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 12m12 minutes ago

any winning dodger package for fernandez would be large & likely include lhp phenom julio urias http://cbsprt.co/21MwPQR

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 7m7 minutes ago

The #Yankees were willing to deal Severino in package w/ #Marlins for Jose. Belief NY doesn't have enough, even if included Bird.

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 9m9 minutes ago

At least a dozen teams have checked w/ #Marlins on Jose Fernandez. #Dodgers appear best fit if they part w/ Urias, Seager & more

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

A GM rumored to be involved in Fernandez bidding on if the Marlins were actually willing to trade him: "Very conflicting. Not sure."

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

So reporters/fans aren't the only ones confused on what the Marlins are doing here. Interested GMs don't know what Marlins will do.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
There's NO way the Sox land him without including Rodon and probably Quintana. The Dodgers have a top 3 farm system in baseball and there's talks that it would take their 3 best prospects to get it done.

Lmfao Rodon and Quintana? Rodon + Anderson + Fulmer + Montas is probably what they would want and I'd rather just keep Rodon and his clean bill of health.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
There would be more than just Rodon. If it was only Rodon I'd pack his bags and drive him to O'Hare right now.

Can you explain why?

I'd personally keep Rodon if it was a 1 for 1 deal for Fernandez. JoFer is more dominant when he's pitching, but the problem is that he's never pitching because he's always injured.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
There would be more than just Rodon. If it was only Rodon I'd pack his bags and drive him to O'Hare right now.

I'm pretty sure Rodon has a s***load of value right now after that rookie year in the AL. I would offer Rodon, Montas & Danish if I had to make a deal.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
We're not trading for Fernandez. We don't have enough for him anyway, unless we counterintuitively traded Sale, or included Abreu.

This thread was made to discuss the other teams trading for Fernandez, since PHT now includes general rumors.

You've been here long enough to know that every thread on here ends with us talking about the Sox. ;)

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
We're not trading for Fernandez. We don't have enough for him anyway, unless we counterintuitively traded Sale, or included Abreu.

This thread was made to discuss the other teams trading for Fernandez, since PHT now includes general rumors.

Everyone talking about it was pretty clear in telling people that it was imagination, not reality. No need to police a thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
This would be an absurd move by the Sox. I really don't understand why a rebuilding Marlins would want to move Fernandez, unless of course they get blown away.

He's arbitration eligible for the first time, which means any team that gets him gets him for 3 years right now. After this year, his value could start going down - you'd only get him for 2 years if you trade for him next offseason. The Marlins also play cheap in the process, which they're good at. Basically, the time when there is "pressure" to trade him starts in July, and they will very likely have to do so next offseason unless they have a really good team around him. Throw in a dash of "injury risk" and listening now makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Can you explain why?

I'd personally keep Rodon if it was a 1 for 1 deal for Fernandez. JoFer is more dominant when he's pitching, but the problem is that he's never pitching because he's always injured.

hahahahaha