Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
It seems to me that the White Sox would sign Cespedes to a 4 year deal. He needs to lower his demands though. The 3 year things isn't true but I don't think they'd want to go 5 years with him. Cespedes is running out of options.

He is and I really can't see him taking a one year deal. If the Sox offer 4/$84M, he'd be foolish to pass that up.

Unless the Sox make a substantial offer, he is going back to the Mets without a doubt. He's familiar with the team, had great success there, its a better market to play, etc. There's simply no reason to turn to the White Sox unless they make it worth it... Call me a half-glass empty guy, but, I don't see it happening. I think the Tigers will also grab him if they can before the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets 44m44 minutes ago

It would be overstating to say they are optimistic, but the Mets certainly see the Cespedes situation as getting interesting.

I don't know why they wouldn't be optimistic. That boxing guy said he was close to coming back and they hadn't even made him an offer.

*Gordon signs*

Something HAS to happen with Cespedes now!

*Giants sign Span, putting them out of the running*

Something HAS to happen with Cespedes now!

*Orioles sign Davis, likely putting them out of the running*

Something HAS to happen with Cespedes now... right?

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
Just sign the guy already and let's look forward to a playoff run. The White Sox couldn't have a better opportunity than now.

Oh how I was wishing for the Sox to rain on that dog and pony show going on with the northside by signing Cespedes today. Back to reality.