Brandon Phillips NOT traded to Nationals

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
Has a NTC and it's the sticking point for getting this deal done. 27 million owed to him the next 2 years.

I have heard that he loved playing for Dusty Baker. I don't see why he wouldn't want to go play for him on a contender with the Nationals rather than staying on a rebuilding Reds team.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
As someone who has lived very near both cities, I can fully understand why somebody who enjoys living in Cincinnati would not want to move to Washington.

Does he actually live in Cincinnati or just hang out during the season?

It isn't like there is a ton of time during the season for them to do other things. If he wants to win, it is a pretty simple call, but he might as well try to extract a few more dollars. If he lives in Cincy, that could be another story. The other thing is many players live by the spring training facility, and one is in FL the other in AZ, that is 6 weeks less of living at home, and could be persuasive, especially if he has a family.

Edited by Dick Allen

http://m.nationals.mlb.com/news/article/15...de-to-nationals

"WASHINGTON -- A baseball source said there is an "85 to 90 percent" chance that Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips will waive his no-trade protection and become a member of the Nationals. Multiple reports on Thursday indicated that the clubs had reached agreement on a trade that would send Phillips to Washington, but as a "10 and 5" player, the veteran infielder must consent to any deal."

Still no word on the players going to Philli.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 24m24 minutes ago

Sources: #Nationals moving on from Phillips, pursuing other options. Kendrick could be one; a trade could be another. Murphy low priority.

Should Murphy have taken the QO? I just can't see teams lining up to give him $$ and forfeit a draft pick to do so.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
I'm still amazed the Reds dealt Frazier for what they got... Worked out fantastically for the Sox but surprised the Dodgers didn't just get him & leave the Sox out.

They have Guerrero and Turner at 3B and A-Gon at first. I don't think they're looking for another power bat. They need pitching.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
I'm still amazed the Reds dealt Frazier for what they got... Worked out fantastically for the Sox but surprised the Dodgers didn't just get him & leave the Sox out.

Well Peraza is a top 50 guy. They just love him more than some teams. Schebler doesn't seem that great but he'll start in LF for them. Sox didn't give up any long-term starters either.