2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, of course, there has been no shortage of health challenges for the Mets' high-octane staff:

• Matt Harvey has endured a dip in velocity.

• Jacob deGrom hasn't consistently enjoyed the same zip on his fastball.

• Steven Matz (elbow, forearm soreness) will miss his next start.

Not the best match-ups for the White Sox rivals.

Minnesota for the Indians, Braves for the Royals...thankfully DET plays against the Orioles, hopefully you can stick a form in them early so we can start padding our victory total later in the year against them.

Odds are we won't have a winning record against all four teams, but 14-5 or 15-4 against MN and maybe 13-6 against the Tigers would go a long ways to making the playoffs even with a .500 combined record against CLE/KC.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Retroactive to the beginning of the season, so he loses two months of pay effectively.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Jose Reyes' suspension is unpaid, meaning he loses 52 games worth of salary, according to a source. That's nearly $7.1 million.

That Bush story is going to be another movie if he makes it back successfully.

They had him clocked at 97-99 in spring training.

A much darker version of Jim Morris' "Rookie" Disney story (Dennis Quaid), albeit with a lot rockier personal path filled with a number of demons on the part of Bush. For now, a story of redemption. Reminiscent of Josh Hamilton's as well, although Bush isn't going to win an MVP or anything like that. Crazy part of the story is he's 30 years old now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-p...ui_crash_032612

Looks like the Rangers are cleaning house w/ that bullpen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2016 -> 05:58 PM)
http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-s...-htmlstory.html

Dodgers' columnist wants to see Puig sent down and Crawford released (eventually)...the strange thing about this season is he was really hitting well the first 2-3 weeks and then "lost it" again.

I'd trade for Puig when his value is so low.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-s...-htmlstory.html

Dodgers' columnist wants to see Puig sent down and Crawford released (eventually)...the strange thing about this season is he was really hitting well the first 2-3 weeks and then "lost it" again.

A great article about Vin Scully that I found at the bottom of that article:

Vin Scully: The Man Behind the Mike

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 14, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)
Matt Bush.. what a story. I remember getting into prospects and the draft back in 2004 on this board and that was the first draft I was keen on and followed at the futuresox board. Crazy how these 12 years flew by..

Did I miss something on Matt Bush?

I mean, if he's some reformed dude who's learned his lessons, escaped his demons, and now going to live out a few years of MLB sunshine, that's great. I'll totally and wholeheartedly root for him.

But I haven't seen or read about any sort of reformation. All the news I have on the guy is that he's a douche. I'm pretty sure I heard the Rangers announcers describe him last night as "humble". This is a dude who beat a high-schooler with a golf club a few years back, screaming "I'm Matt f***ing Bush!" And of course, he ran over an elderly man's head with an SUV while drunk.

Maybe I'm being a scold, but I just figure I would have seen articles talking about his release and how he's a changed man and he's seen the errors of his ways, yada yada yada. The dude has had second chances before, and he always reverts to his old ways. I want to like the guy, I want to root for him (especially with him being a member of my second team) but I want to see that he can actually avoid being a dick.