Who do you believe is MOST guilty in the Laroche situation?

knightni

Who is most at fault?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most responsible for the clubhouse removal situation?

• The kid himself - He should be in school anyway.
    • Laroche - He shouldn't have had a kid in the clubhouse all of the time
    • KW - He shouldn't have gone over RV and RH's head.
    • Hahn - He keeps letting KW walk on him.
    • The players that reported the issue. - MYOB
    • Ventura - Just too weak to manage the players
    • Reinsdorf - Too loyal/old and lets things get out of hand.
    • Sale - He needs to be quiet and let this go away.
    • Other Sox players - The clubhouse is way too casual.
    • The media - Someone made a huge issue of this small issue.

1) Laroche - He needs to understand that no matter how much he wants this and even if the Sox made a verbal agreement to allow it--it just isn't a good idea

2) Sale - He needs to shut the f*** up and worry about pitching

3) Other players - Disputes between another player and management are none of your business

The media made it seem as if the narrative of this story was that the Sox banned players children from the club house period. Not all media outlets made this mistake but a lot of them did when that wasnt the case at all. I am not one to blame the media for stuff but this one wouldnt have been made out to such a s*** storm world wide if the facts were reported instead of "Player retires after his son is banned from team".

Honestly, I don't understand how it can be LaRoche. Its been widely reported he was given permission to bring his son to the clubhouse, potentially as part of the pitch to come here. He than made the decision that being with his son was more important than playing. Yes, he was directly involved in this whole piece, but nowhere did he do anything wrong. You can whine about him potentially leaking or telling people a story, but Sale / Eaton speaking there piece has nothing to do with LaRoche and it seems everything to do with how Kenny directed this.

I might not agree with LaRoche's beliefs on how to raise a kid, but his wanting to be with his kid is certainly better than the alternative (being a dead beat dad) and it was entirely his right to make the decision he did. On the flipside, if KW unilaterally did this, while he's the president, I don't really think it is within his right.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
Honestly, I don't understand how it can be LaRoche. Its been widely reported he was given permission to bring his son to the clubhouse, potentially as part of the pitch to come here. He than made the decision that being with his son was more important than playing. Yes, he was directly involved in this whole piece, but nowhere did he do anything wrong. You can whine about him potentially leaking or telling people a story, but Sale / Eaton speaking there piece has nothing to do with LaRoche and it seems everything to do with how Kenny directed this.

I might not agree with LaRoche's beliefs on how to raise a kid, but his wanting to be with his kid is certainly better than the alternative (being a dead beat dad) and it was entirely his right to make the decision he did. On the flipside, if KW unilaterally did this, while he's the president, I don't really think it is within his right.

It may technically be, but I agree that doing this all on his own would be bad form. At the very least, it would be much better to have solicited the opinions of players and coaches before making a decision (and maybe he did do that... who knows).

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
It starts with Adam LaRoche. If he has the perspective to realize how reasonable the request was, none of this happens.

I can respect this to an extent. Though I will say if he is getting lied to and character assassinated in public, I get his being pretty f***ing upset.

I wasn't too entirely upset about things until LaRoche's statement. It seemed like a coincidence of bad assumptions until then. But once the statement was released, it is clear someone is flat out lying, and the organization is being burned down right now. Judging by Sale and LaRoche's statements, it really feels like Kenny is the guy in the wrong here, as both of them are telling the same story, independent of each other. That is a big red flag.

At this point, a CLEAR statement of leadership needs to come from this organization, and now I don't think it can just be a private speech and statement released from Jerry. They either have to flat out say that LaRoche is lying, or they need to have Kenny leave. This has gotten out of control, and the organization is a public embarrassment right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
I wasn't too entirely upset about things until LaRoche's statement. It seemed like a coincidence of bad assumptions until then. But once the statement was released, it is clear someone is flat out lying, and the organization is being burned down right now. Judging by Sale and LaRoche's statements, it really feels like Kenny is the guy in the wrong here, as both of them are telling the same story, independent of each other. That is a big red flag.

At this point, a CLEAR statement of leadership needs to come from this organization, and now I don't think it can just be a private speech and statement released from Jerry. They either have to flat out say that LaRoche is lying, or they need to have Kenny leave. This has gotten out of control, and the organization is a public embarrassment right now.

I bet that part isn't true. Can't much argue with the rest.

I voted media. This is close to a non story if they don't blow it out of proportion. But LaRoche should have just cut back brining his son to the ballpark a couple times a week. Thankfully, he didn't, and the Sox now have $13M to invest in their ball club they didn't have a few days ago.

The people saying this is the death kneel for this team, or for Sale and / or Eatons time on the Sox are reacting similarly to Sale. With their gut reactions and not their minds. This whole thing is beyond silly - and honestly, I cannot comprehend some of the ridiculous and stupid stuff I read in that Laroche to Retire thread.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
I voted media. This is close to a non story if they don't blow it out of proportion. But LaRoche should have just cut back brining his son to the ballpark a couple times a week. Thankfully, he didn't, and the Sox now have $13M to invest in their ball club they didn't have a few days ago.

The people saying this is the death kneel for this team, or for Sale and / or Eatons time on the Sox are reacting similarly to Sale. With their gut reactions and not their minds. This whole thing is beyond silly - and honestly, I cannot comprehend some of the ridiculous and stupid stuff I read in that Laroche to Retire thread.

Definitely agree here. If something as stupid as this causes the team to underperform, then they never had a chance anyway.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)

But what was the agreement? Did the Sox think he would bring his kid to the clubhouse all day and every day? Or did they think he would bring his kid along every so often? That's the key to me. What was agreed to? Or was this some ambiguous agreement where neither parties had a meeting of the mind as to how often the kid would be in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't see how the kid is deserving of any blame.

Agreed. Shouldn't even be an option.

Edit: I have no problems with parents that home school their children as long as the children are on par with public school children their age. I think the Drake and home schooling gets a pass on this.

Otherwise, I think this was handled about as bad as it could be by all parties with a possible exception to Hahn. Can't help but feel bad for Hahn because I get the feeling he's like a monkey in the middle between his boss KW and the players/coaches. Wouldn't want to be in Hahn's shoes right now.

Edited by BlackSox13