Jason >>>>>>>>>>> Hawk

ron883

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
I would enjoy listening to Benetti a lot more if he stopped asking so many stupid questions to Stone. He's done a good job outside of the kissing up to Stone, which is the same thing we saw with Swirsky.

Great point, fathom. I've noticed the questions too and thought of Swirsky. But I think Benetti has to do some sucking up, so to speak, as he begins this venture at least. Show Stoney he's a lover not a hater. But I wonder when Stoney will get tired of saying ... "Because, when the count is full, blah blah." "Because ...."

I notice cause stoney pronounces because funny and he's always answering questions of Benetti.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
That list is too long. No time for that. The shorter list is trying to name one better.

Everyone in Chicago less the Bulls broadcast team is better than Hawk. He took over for Santo.

And yeah, Jason Benetti asks Stone a lot of questions. He should, because Stone is the best single asset to the White Sox media program, with Benetti a close second now.

Edited by AustinIllini

my kid is 3 and this is corny but I am sad he will not grow up with Hawk. Hawk is a negative in almost every way you can imagine, but I feel like that home run call still has to remain in my life somehow

Someone find me that Hawk soundboard

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
Everyone in Chicago less the Bulls broadcast team is better than Hawk. He took over for Santo.

And yeah, Jason Benetti asks Stone a lot of questions. He should, because Stone is the best single asset to the White Sox media program, with Benetti a close second now.

Ah, see? This is where your misunderstanding lies. Nobody in Chicago is better than Hawk.

I'm going to miss Hawk complementing all the other teams' players. He always loved the good players/managers/coaches/GMs on the other teams often more than our guys. He is just a fan of good baseball and I think that fact often gets lost. Sure he rooted for the Sox, but good baseball from either team excited him the most.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
I'm going to miss Hawk complementing all the other teams' players. He always loved the good players/managers/coaches/GMs on the other teams often more than our guys. He is just a fan of good baseball and I think that fact often gets lost. Sure he rooted for the Sox, but good baseball from either team excited him the most.

I agree. For an announcer who is supposedly too much of a fan, he gives a ton of credit where credit is due.

One thing Hawk is going to miss. As we all know, a good season on the road is .500. If we truly are a playoff team, we might finish five over .500 on the road if we're lucky and 20 over at home. That's a great season. Hawk is going to be broadcasting a lot of lousy losses and he won't have any of those exciting summertime home games where our fans are into it and we're rocking and rolling.

What I'm trying to say is Hawk could see a lot of bad Sox baseball this year cause traditionally .500 is a great season on the road.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
Gage sucks guys, don't know why you all think he is better than Hawk.

f*** you. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the compliments from everyone on here. That said, I haven't quite figured out how any of you have watched me give my game commentary alongside stoney from the couch? Damn you all for hacking into our video baby monitor!!!

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
After listening to Jason for such a long string of games, am I the only one that was bored as s*** watching this game tonight? Granted, it was a Danks start...but still. Stoney is so much more talkative and, eh, "fun" when working with Jason.

I felt the same way. Hawk's brooding is just a downer. He doesn't have anything new to say at all he just repeats the same thing over and over and over as well.

I'm just laughing... First off I thought Hawk did his homework way more then Benetti's occasional Sabermetrics.

Hawk had a lot to say the first few innings.

They game got boring when it was a route... yet somehow this is attributed to Hawk's announcing.

Seriously learn some objective reality.

I don't even dislike Benetti and sometimes Hawk bothers me.

But wow human beings suck at being objective.

QUOTE (harkness @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm just laughing... First off I thought Hawk did his homework way more then Benetti's occasional Sabermetrics.

Hawk had a lot to say the first few innings.

They game got boring when it was a route... yet somehow this is attributed to Hawk's announcing.

Seriously learn some objective reality.

I don't even dislike Benetti and sometimes Hawk bothers me.

But wow human beings suck at being objective.

This is preposterous, do you suppose Hawk has ever even heard of Drew Storen given that he's played almost his entire career in the NL and Hawk has never even watched a National League baseball game? I found it so refreshing when Benetti effortlessly broke down Storen's career path during the Toronto series, the man is incredibly well prepared.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
This is preposterous, do you suppose Hawk has ever even heard of Drew Storen given that he's played almost his entire career in the NL and Hawk has never even watched a National League baseball game? I found it so refreshing when Benetti effortlessly broke down Storen's career path during the Toronto series, the man is incredibly well prepared.

I really don't recall any of what you are saying or that story.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
After listening to Jason for such a long string of games, am I the only one that was bored as s*** watching this game tonight? Granted, it was a Danks start...but still. Stoney is so much more talkative and, eh, "fun" when working with Jason.

It kind of felt like going back to work a Monday after a vacation vs. any other Monday. It sets in and you're like, "oh, this again". I'm sure it was 100% Hawk's decision to cut back, but with them both doing the games, you can't help but compare.