White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Trying to compete with Sale and Quintana has worked exactly zero times. It's time for something else.

That's not the fault of either Sale or Quintana. Gotta score some runs and close out games. Bullpen, defense and noodle bats have hurt the team.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
But if the plan is/was to sell then start selling. Waiting for the biggest trade of all time to go down first is a mistake.

Who from the Sox ever came out and said that they were going to start selling? I can't recall that happening. It seems pretty obvious that the plan is to do what they have always done- re-tool.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Why not around one of the B's plus Benitendi or Moncada plus Swihart, etc? It can be both and depending on the B, you are still getting a ton of long-term value. Plus, I think part of this change is more realizing we can develop pitching and not position talent, so it is more retooling the club around position players, hoping we can leverage our historical strength's to rebuild the rotation.

Bradley and Betts are both having better seasons than Sale, are both still on their rookie contracts and are both under control longer than Chris, we're not going to get one of them plus Moncada or Benintendi plus more.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Ugh. This is stupid. The Sox would have traded Sale and Q if they got the offers they wanted.

Clearly they didn't.

Exactly. Teams aren't budging and nor should the Sox. We need to hose a team of their prospects in order to get fair trade value on Sale. If nobody is willing to do that and just unload Sale to just to make a move, then we get hosed. Stay put if it's not there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
They're standing their ground, but it sounds like these teams want them to cave. Sale is just too valuable to trade, apparently.

This so very White Sox.

They've got probably the most valuable single trade asset ever on the market and one that's not far behind.

And they can't get anyone to pay up.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
I'm now officially nervous. This will be a major blunder if they don't trade pieces such as Robertson, Frazier, Melky, Gonzalez, Shields, etc. Blown opportunity.

That is the worst of all of this. If you couldnt get fair value for Sale and Q fine but the fact you didnt try to bring in some young talent for ANY of the other guys is unbelievable.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
That is the worst of all of this. If you couldnt get fair value for Sale and Q fine but the fact you didnt try to bring in some young talent for ANY of the other guys is unbelievable.

Where are you seeing that they haven't tried anything else?

I'm with some others here...

I'm going to be FURIOUS. It's not that I want Sale GONE... I just want pieces gone for prospects.

We blow and there is little talent for the future. Why are we keeping players around? I'm not going to the game with the current team. Make some changes. Get young. Maybe exciting too! I'll come out. But the same old BS is just infuriating.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Not really. This FO has sat on its hands for the past 3 trade deadlines. Not sure why anyone expected anything different.

Been saying it for a long time, unless KW gets a washed up star the sox don't make any trades.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Where are you seeing that they haven't tried anything else?

I am sure that they did but definitely didnt try hard enough. Every one is still here for a team that is desperately begging to be dismantled.