Sox @ Tigers GAMETHREAD

ChiSox59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
Really a shame they didn't move Shields and take advantage of his run of fluky starts

Especially when you have Ranaudo down in AAA pitching pretty well. Tonight he's already gone 6 innings with 0 ER's, 5 hits, 4 K's, & 0 BB's. He's obviously far from a sure thing, but it would have been nice to give him a two month tryout to see if we have something in a lost season.

According to Levine, Sox were asking for one top 5 prospect and 2 more prospects for Shields. Now obviously there's posturing there, but that tells me they were looking for at least something significant back, rather than taking advantage of some extreme luck to try and extricate themselves from an awful trade

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)
According to Levine, Sox were asking for one top 5 prospect and 2 more prospects for Shields. Now obviously there's posturing there, but that tells me they were looking for at least something significant back, rather than taking advantage of some extreme luck to try and extricate themselves from an awful trade

Is that surprising considering this front office?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)

Like I said in multiple threads, this front office simply doesn't know how to sell.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Like I said in multiple threads, this front office simply doesn't know how to sell.

They don't want to sell. That's the reality. They could have but didn't know what they wanted to do because of JR.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 06:57 PM)
What happened to Tilson and how bad did it look?

While chasing down a ball to right center his leg gave out. Stone said it looked like a hamstring. To me it looked like he tore up his ankle. I think Hawk thought he hyperextended his knee. Not sure exactly but it looked pretty bad to me. They had to help him off the field.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
What happened to Tilson and how bad did it look?

looked like he tried to change directions at last second trying to run down a deep drive. knee/leg gave out on him. ankle twisted. looked pretty bad. best case no surgery but I doubt it.