07/25 GT: Sox @ Cubs game 2, 1:20 PM

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
looked like lackey was out there jawing at rodon. What a tool

Yeah at first I thought he was just angry at himself but then I saw Rodon say a nasty word, so idk if they were barking at each other or not. Lackey has anger issues anyway.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Rodon is irrelevant. If our contention window starts in 2021, he won't even be here. Right now, we should focus on Moncada and Anderson, neither of whom look very good, at this moment.

If we aren't contending by 2020, something has gone very wrong.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
If we aren't contending by 2020, something has gone very wrong.

I wouldn't say that. I mean you have to expect that at least some of these guys will flat out bust, and others will take a more Avi Garcia route instead of a Kris Bryant route. 2020 is still really quick when you have a majority of these guys in the lower levels of the minors.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
And at the very least, Rodon would be a pretty big trade chip. So being irrelevant couldn't be further from reality.

Took the words out of my mouth. It would take a special person to call a number 3 pick "irrelevant"

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
No spring training, was hurt and rehabbing most of the year. It will take some time, but he can be really good.

No doubt he has the stuff to be a top of the rotation starter, I just think we're all disappointed with the results thus far since he pretty much is the ace of the rotation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
I wouldn't say that. I mean you have to expect that at least some of these guys will flat out bust, and others will take a more Avi Garcia route instead of a Kris Bryant route. 2020 is still really quick when you have a majority of these guys in the lower levels of the minors.

I think Eloy and Burger will take more Bryant routes, while guys like Tim Anderson and (I believe) Moncada will take more Avi routes

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
I think Eloy and Burger will take more Bryant routes, while guys like Tim Anderson and (I believe) Moncada will take more Avi routes

I think you are right on Moncada. While he has a ton of raw talent, it is just that... raw. I think he is going to take 2-3 years to get where he needs to be.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:11 PM)
This game is an L. You can turn it off now. Rodon isn't going deep. No way they use Swarzak, so gas cans only in the bullpen.

People still watch expecting a win?

I watch to see Anderson, Rodon, Moncada progress.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.