White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 06:58 PM)
I hope he isn't trolling us. Never know, could be about Abreu or Avi too.

If I was a betting man, which I’m not, I’d bet that it’s all in on Avi being dealt. Don’t think we’ll find a price that outweighs the benefits of having Abreu. Plus, Abreu is Hahn’s baby, it was his first big signing as a GM.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
There obviously is a tier you could trade for him

Not one that the Orioles would accept.

Orioles can hold and trade him in July for far more than the Sox should pay. (so could the Sox; but they won't)

Teams that can win NOW will offer them a reasonable amount. Hahn would have to top that. And that wouldn't be worth the value he brings to the Sox this year....which is basically nothing.

Hahn has done great work as a tear down artist - both in 2016-17 and in 2013; but, apparently, they refuse to finish the job and want to revert to the bad habits of 2014-June 2016.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 05:36 PM)
I have a serious question nobody has addressed.

Why would ANY TEAM, much less our White Sox, trade 3-4 TOP prospects for a one-year rental? There's no chance in hell Machado will sign prior to free agency. Why would he?

So rather than flame greg, please answer my question. Nobody has addressed this except me. What player the caliber of Machado has EVER agreed to a long extension with one season to go before free agency. s***, even Cain, Hosmer and Moustakas, who are average to above average players, did not do that and they like Kansas city, a nice, quaint town.

Why would ANY TEAM, much less your KC Royals, trade 3 TOP prospects for a two month rental like Johnny Cueto, when there was no chance he would resign with them?

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:10 AM)
I hope they learned their lesson with Samardzija (I know they were trying to compete that year, but it always seemed like they were sure they were going to get an extension done).

Yep when everyone said he would never negotiate. Same thing we're hearing about Manny

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)
I hope they learned their lesson with Samardzija (I know they were trying to compete that year, but it always seemed like they were sure they were going to get an extension done).

Look at Kenny’s quote after missing out on Ohtani and Hahn’s quotes with Fegan today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 05:13 PM)
What would that be? Did read something about Hahn saying "dare to dream"

I’m paraphrasing, because it’s behind a paywall, but he basically said it’s easier to sign a guy if he’s been around your culture and sometimes you need to take a risk.