BOLD prospect predictions for 2018

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 09:13 AM)
Luis Robert is in AA by August, Cease has a big jump into top 100 prospect lists, Zack Collins clears 25 bombs and a .370 OBP.

He was already in the top 100.

Said it in another thread, but he'll be top 10 overall by season's end. My bold prediction there.

I'll also say Kopech starts off pretty slow cause of his recent breakup with his now ex reality star girlfriend and Soxtalk freaks out for a couple of months.

Oh.. and Basabe puts himself right back on the map in our system.

Edited by SoxAce

Negative:

Sox hitters lead league in Ks

Sox pitchers lead league in BBs

Positive:

Young white sox finish top 15 in league for runs scored

Sox bullpen finds another surprisingly dominant guy

The speedy sox finally learn how to steal bases and we have a memorable year on basepaths.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 08:21 AM)
He was already in the top 100.

Said it in another thread, but he'll be top 10 overall by season's end. My bold prediction there.

I'll also say Kopech starts off pretty slow cause of his recent breakup with his now ex reality star girlfriend and Soxtalk freaks out for a couple of months.

Oh.. and Basabe puts himself right back on the map in our system.

I think he is only on the MLB Pipeline top 100, he was off everything else from what I remember

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 09:33 AM)
Positive: After another losing season. Hahn is finally no longer the White Sox GM. 6 Seasons of being "Mired in Mediocrity" is even too much for JR. Hahns contract won't be renewed after the 2018 season.

What does any of this whining have to do with PROSPECTS? Good god you’re insufferable.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 07:21 AM)

So that finally happened huh?

I’ve been curious how he’d take this for ages. Seems like it could really be something for him personally that takes him for a loop.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:00 AM)
So that finally happened huh?

I’ve been curious how he’d take this for ages. Seems like it could really be something for him personally that takes him for a loop.

From all accounts he was crazy about her. Fell right in line with his 2 bad ST starts afterwards. Gonna be interesting to see how his mindset is at the beginning of the year throughout.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 03:20 PM)
Fathom in mid-season form.

Figured you'd appreciate it. Also before the site crashed I made a post saying how Robert needed to be careful when stealing my due to the injuries, and then the thumb incident occurred.

Positives:

Basabe regains some prospect shine. Not top 100 but back into the watch category.

Cease: Stays relatively healthy and reaches AA and moves to top 25 range.

Avi: remains valuable and the winter has extension debate.

Jimenez: comes up later than most want and looks the part.

Someone not on the opening day roster, not named Kopech or Eloy, surprises positively.

Tilson generates some feel good by making it back to the big leagues.

After giving up no runs in spring training and not making the team, Volstad will see Chicago.

Burdi back in September.

So many teams rebuilding will lead to a more entertaining season as we are among the best of the worst.

More than one of L Garcia, Yolmer, Delmonico, Engel, Davidson, Fulmer, Cordell, Narvaez, or Skole show promise for the long term.

Negatives (hate writing as I am an optimist):

Most of the above promise players aren't.

Our starting pitching will be our weak spot and lead to more than 15 people making starts this year.

More players end up getting released than traded. Trades don't bring much as we are looking at some 40 man issues and may take young fliers.

Being the best of the worst hurts draft status.

Injuries......already happening and unfortunately more will come.

Edited by BamaDoc

Oh proooospects.

I'm gonna just go in for the following guys:

Yurchak

Luis Gonzalez

and my 2016 intl

Lenyn Sosa

Anthony Coronado

Kleydar Sanchez

Luis Mieses

Caraballo

^ all end up stateside if not already, Sosa still lacks power but keeps making good contact. Coronado doesn't make contact but hits bombs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 11:21 AM)
Oh proooospects.

I'm gonna just go in for the following guys:

Yurchak

Luis Gonzalez

and my 2016 intl

Lenyn Sosa

Anthony Coronado

Kleydar Sanchez

Luis Mieses

Caraballo

^ all end up stateside if not already, Sosa still lacks power but keeps making good contact. Coronado doesn't make contact but hits bombs.

I so badly am hoping this is the breakout year for Latin America. These guys are starting to populate the system pretty well at the lower levels, it would be nice to see some showing up on the lists.