**Game 3 of 162: Sox at Toronto**

Brian

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 09:14 PM)
And Charlotte is loaded with experienced arms to replace him. I personally wouldn't give up on him yet, but to each their own.

Why? He's 31 and a known commodity. Won't be here long term, zero trade value. He's another Tyler Clippard. I'd prefer someone with the upside of Gomez or Rondon who, possibly, could at least get an AJ Puckett type at the deadline

Avilan played his part by putting the tie run on first base...game went down hill from there.

All told plenty of blame to go around...one guy decided to hit tonight, two guys were MIA in the pen....it was basically the starting battery versus Toronto and they won.

Chin up and get back at it tomorrow.

Lopez looked strong. Offense didn't do much but that was expected...they never saw Garcia before. We've seen that a lot in the past.

Meanwhile the bullpen blew the first of what figures to be many, many games as they had a 2-1 lead in the 7th and gave it up, wind up losing 4-2.

Don't care for Farquhar at all. Ross needs to be called up, had a great spring and could be a nice trade chip come July.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 09:17 PM)
Why? He's 31 and a known commodity. Won't be here long term, zero trade value. He's another Tyler Clippard. I'd prefer someone with the upside of Gomez or Rondon who, possibly, could at least get an AJ Puckett type at the deadline

Why are we worried about it at this stage? For a couple of other washouts signed on MiLB deals? Meh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 09:25 PM)
Why are we worried about it at this stage? For a couple of other washouts signed on MiLB deals? Meh.

Those washouts are at least younger and more appealing (Gomez due to past success, Rondon due to his fastball). Farquhar doesn't serve a purpose

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 08:28 PM)
If they aren't going to be able to handle that, they have a lot bigger problems.

It's not uncommon for young players to go through those stages. I just prefer that they don't have to worry about blown leads and overcompensating.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 01:05 AM)
Didn't greg call Castillo a bum today? Never fails.

I don't call Sox players bums. Not me. It wasn't me. What are u thinking? You know my history on here.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 01:32 AM)
Well, the main point tonight is Lopez pitched well...or we're no longer satisfied with moral victories?

I'll take that. I watched some of it and thought he pitched well. I thought our defense looked pretty good too til 3B had the boot late.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 02:02 AM)
I think the total rebuild is over

Not yet, sir. Our lineup is rather weak. Right now with our lineup and bullpen we're still a 20-under-500 team. Our starting rotation isn't too spiffy either. It's be nice, though. I did buy mlb.com cause I am a Sox fan.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 03:10 AM)
Always get a laugh when I don’t watch the game, but try and scan the gamethread after the fact.

We ALL knew the Sox were going to bad this season. What do people think these losses are going to look like? :ph34r:

I read it after the fact, too. This loss was pretty standard as far as what to expect this season. It actually was rather pretty considering the nice start by Lopez and decent defense and two HRs from catcher.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 08:20 PM)
Lopez looked strong. Offense didn't do much but that was expected...they never saw Garcia before. We've seen that a lot in the past.

Meanwhile the bullpen blew the first of what figures to be many, many games as they had a 2-1 lead in the 7th and gave it up, wind up losing 4-2.

Don't care for Farquhar at all. Ross needs to be called up, had a great spring and could be a nice trade chip come July.

Not sure they want to go four lefties...Avilan, Bummer and Santiago. (Clearly they see some long-term potential in Bummer.)

Of course, this season, there's no reason not to experiment. The best relievers who can get anyone, LH or RH out, win their spots in the pen.

Ross, Gomez and Rondon are surely the next in line before they go to "youngish" guys like Beck and Danish yet again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 09:12 PM)
I read it after the fact, too. This loss was pretty standard as far as what to expect this season. It actually was rather pretty considering the nice start by Lopez and decent defense and two HRs from catcher.

If you want free agents to sign here we need to put some wins on the board. Too many good teams with money out there to sign with a 72 win team, with some hope for the future.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 10:58 PM)
If you want free agents to sign here we need to put some wins on the board. Too many good teams with money out there to sign with a 72 win team, with some hope for the future.

Lester signed with the Cubs coming off of a 73 win year. With the amount of talent the Sox have, as long as it starts to show flashes of what could be, players will be attracted here (along with the value of the almighty dollar). Sox have to market the hell out of themselves in their FA pitches and open the pocketbooks.