7/21 Games

BamaDoc

5 minutes ago, Scoots said:

But we need to keep him in AAA to get the extra year of control!!! (Rolls eyes)

This is where you have to be personally patient and instead of seeing him this year for your entertainment, you convince yourself you'd much rather he be around an extra year in his prime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Yessir 

With that said, Fegan seems very confident Eloy will get called up this year. It won't bother me much because he seems the most likely player in the whole organization to sign a big contract early on  (like Anderson did but more money)

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, just trying to draw out the coward who hated on the post...looks like it worked.

Are you serious? I’m going to confuse-face your post just because you’re juvenile enough to barf this quasi-confrontational, beta-male garbage on here. How are you actually 30+ years old?

2 hours ago, fathom said:

This is where you have to be personally patient and instead of seeing him this year for your entertainment, you convince yourself you'd much rather he be around an extra year in his prime.

It's not really me being personally patient. I'm committed to this rebuild...that's enough patience right there. I think you should call the guy up when he is ready, who knows what it's going to be like come that last year. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

With that said, Fegan seems very confident Eloy will get called up this year. It won't bother me much because he seems the most likely player in the whole organization to sign a big contract early on  (like Anderson did but more money)

Where did you see that? I read his Eloy article but didn't get that vibe from it.

2 hours ago, Scoots said:

But we need to keep him in AAA to get the extra year of control!!! (Rolls eyes)

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Or, maybe, keeping him in AAA is hurting his development and he needs to be facing tougher competition so that he can improve as a player. It can be argued that said developmental time is more important that potentially having him for an extra year, which may not even happen because of the new CBA 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Eloy now 3-4, average at .342

His home/away splits are pretty far apart; OPSing a robust 1.104 in Coors Field-Charlotte, a less-stellar .762 everywhere else.

The vs. LHP split is a meek .583, though there are sample size issues there.

On balance, Id still like to see him up his numbers away from the Charlotte bandbox & vs. LHP before he sees Chicago. After seeing Moncada's splits in AAA last year, I remain reluctant to rush the top guys like Jimenez up.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1