Conspiracy: Avi Garcia is getting traded soon?

Jose Abreu

Here are the facts.

At 5:51 PM CT, FutureSox's Clinton Cole tweets this:

He has since sarcastically replied that this was about a pizza that he was eating.

At about 6:40 PM, the White Sox announced that Avisail Garcia was scratched from the lineup and was feeling "under the weather".

Rick Renteria was not very descriptive about Avi's illness. 

And, finally, on the pre-game show, Chuck Garfien almost cryptically implied that Avi may be traded before the deadline. Maybe he isn't really under the weather.

Anyway, this is a pretty wild conspiracy without much evidence but it's being talked about on Twitter so I figured I'd bring it here.

While probably nothing, if any team makes sense to acquire Avi it’s the Phillies.  It’s almost a perfect match to be honest.  I’m not sure if they’d be willing to give up the necessary prospect currency to land him though.  Having said that, we could make things really interesting for them by adding some pitching depth into the mix.  They could use a starter like Shields and another reliever.  Is Avi, Shields, & Soria enough to pry Medina & a lottery ticket?  The answer is probably no, but if they believe the recent Avi is legit then that could be a huge deal for them down the stretch.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I buy the "trade was close, but fell apart at the end" conspiracy theory. He wasn't at the Hospital, he was on notice in case he had to pack his bags. 

He obviously went to have his medicals checked out because Baltimore is in on a deal for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

This thread didn't age too well

Dude had heart problems from medication he was taking for hamstring

If he were having heart problems that prevented him from playing, then why did he end up playing the last 2 innings anyway? Wouldn't it be best for him to just sit out? 

5 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

This thread didn't age too well

Dude had heart problems from medication he was taking for hamstring

Link?

I don't buy it. If it were heart problems Avi would have stayed on the bench instead of eventually being brought in late in the game.

I don't think Avi is getting traded regardless of his hospital stint. He's been on and off the DL this year with hamstring issues and to trade him now would be selling low. Then we would have to suffer through all the Hahn hatred for not getting enough. Best we can hope for is Avi stays healthy the rest of the season and performs well. Then revisit the idea of trading him this winter.