8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm

iWiN4PreP

5 minutes ago, daggins said:

Well on the plus side, no one is going to look at Giolito's numbers and say wow, this kid had a great year except for that run allowed at the end of August.

If you actually watched the games Gio has pitched in, when he was struggling he'd get through 5-6 innings and give up 2-3 runs, Renteria would put him out there to give up a run and load the bases and he got 6-7 ER on his record instead of 2-3. It was bullshit. 

EDIT: Fire Renteria. What a sorry excuse for a manager. Get on the 1st plane out of Chicago, and make sure it is a one way ticket. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Gomez is in his 9th season and has basically never been good

I guess in the keep Eloy down call up young relievers don't use them in leverage world that the Sox live in that's the job requirement at the moment.  Suck for Luck, or something.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Remember when Soxtalk was pissed he hadn't been recalled from Charlotte? #memories

He had good numbers at Charlotte, at least in the first half. I wanted him brought up too, but I suppose that this is why he wasn't.

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This is just stupid.

I've no idea why Gomez is still here and what the plan was from Renteria. Why use the worst BP arm that we have in a 4-1 game with a runner on first already? I don't know.

Renteria is as brain dead as one gets. Sorry excuse for a Manager. We all could manage the team better than his ass. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And by the way, this pen is why Giolito gets sent back out over 100 pitches.

I need more Hamilton. 

I don't even agree with that, even with a bad pen, go to it when your starter is gassed, especially when you're planning on that pitcher in the future. I'd much rather have had Gomez blow that at the start of the inning than at the end.

Hamilton's a pipe dream, he won't be up til 2019. I'm okay with that for a number of reasons, the fact that we won't use him the right way in Chicago among them.