Sept 1 call ups thread

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So anybody know how to pronounce it ? Does it rhyme with rare like its spelled ? Mon frere (rhymes with rare) in French means "My Brother." I just want to call him Brother Frare which would be like saying Brother Brother. I know, I know too much time on my hands lately. :P

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Excited to see what this kid is all about.  Doesn’t sounds like he has a big fastball, but damn has he been successful in the minors.  And what’s interesting is he was just as effective against righties as he was lefties for the Knights.

I'm pretty optimistic on the relief core going forward. Burr, Hamilton, Fry and Frare are all worth keeping an eye on as we go forward.

28 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm pretty optimistic on the relief core going forward. Burr, Hamilton, Fry and Frare are all worth keeping an eye on as we go forward.

Yeah, all four could be part of our next good bullpen.  Burdi & Bummer too.  I am bit surprised that they’re keeping Burr up here for good (which it seems) given how few innings he had at Charlotte, but I’m not going to complain about that.

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Sorry to see Nate won’t be back this season 

It turned out that tweet from bar stool Dave was right (I think it was bar stool Dave) right after Jones got hurt he tweeted that someone asked him in the locker room if he was done for the year and he supposedly said, "probably."

Guy can't stay healthy, time to move on from him.

50 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It turned out that tweet from bar stool Dave was right (I think it was bar stool Dave) right after Jones got hurt he tweeted that someone asked him in the locker room if he was done for the year and he supposedly said, "probably."

Might happen but when healthy he is really good. I think it will be an interesting off season and Spring seeing how the bullpen in particular shapes up

56 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He’s going to make the league minimum next year, there’s no reason to move on from him.  Just can’t rely on him being an 8th inning fixture and need to make sure we have some depth.

Edited by Chicago White Sox