Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

6 minutes ago, shipps said:

He won the Robert sweepstakes? His drafting since the rebuild seems promising but it’s early. 

Im not defending him! 😂 

Robert is a tough call. If he doesn't work out it was a gigantic missed opportunity because the sox reallyd idn't have a gonzo class. That 2016 class was coming in at budget, so they didn't have any 30 people classes.

If robert works out, great. If not, our 2017 was going to be brutal as we hadn't signed anyone so its not like we can say "we could have had wander franco"

11 minutes ago, shipps said:

He won the Robert sweepstakes? His drafting since the rebuild seems promising but it’s early. 

Im not defending him! 😂 

What are you smoking?? His drafting since the rebuild has been awful. I count 2016 as the start because it was clear they were going to fall off the rails by June 1. 

Collins(bad)

Burdi(injured)

Burger(injured)

Madrigal(meh) 

More of the same shit, different year. They focus more on floor than ceiling and that is their problem. They will continue to draft poorly until they take a balanced approach to drafting and learn to take calculated risks. You are more likely to hit a HR when you're trying to, rather than when you're trying to hit a single or double. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

Is he not responsible for letting flowers walk and replacing him with nothing but garbage? Or not knowing James Shields stinks? Or trading a solid SS for a bum pitcher? 

First of all, drop the Tatis bullshit. You seem smarter than that.  (EDIT: He was referring to Semien, not Tatis. That's a fair criticism)

Secondly, you act like I said PERFECT, when I said very good. 

Flowers has put up a 2+ fWAR season one of the 3 years since he's been gone, and hasn't even played 100 games in any of those seasons with the Braves. You're digging REAL DEEP if you have to pretend to be upset about losing Tyler Flowers to prove a point.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

Anyone lining up to buy the the new MLB The Show 2019 with Harper sporting a Phillies’ cap?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/mlb-the-show-19-ps4/?emcid=se-pi-184216&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=20190129__search&utm_source=&utm_term=se-pi-184216&utm_content=#editions

Available 3/26

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

First of all, drop the Tatis bullshit. You seem smarter than that.

Secondly, you act like I said PERFECT, when I said very good. 

Flowers has put up a 2+ fWAR season one of the 3 years since he's been gone, and hasn't even played 100 games in any of those seasons with the Braves. You're digging REAL DEEP if you have to pretend to be upset about losing Tyler Flowers to prove a point.

I'm not even complaining about Tatis, I'm complaining about thinking James Shields was a good idea in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What are you smoking?? His drafting since the rebuild has been awful. I count 2016 as the start because it was clear they were going to fall off the rails by June 1. 

Collins(bad)

Burdi(injured)

Burger(injured)

Madrigal(meh) 

More of the same shit, different year. They focus more on floor than ceiling and that is their problem. They will continue to draft poorly until they take a balanced approach to drafting and learn to take calculated risks. 

Baseball players have to develop. We don’t know that Collins is bad, the other two were injured, and you are already calling Madrigal meh? 

Things have to pan out on he draft picks. It probably won’t considering everything they touch turns to 💩 right now but everyone claiming to know his drafts are terrible since the rebuild do not possibly yet know that. 

Just now, shipps said:

Baseball players have to develop. We don’t know that Collins is bad, the other two were injured, and you are already calling Madrigal meh? 

Things have to pan out on he draft picks. It probably won’t considering everything they touch turns to 💩 right now but everyone claiming to know his drafts are terrible since the rebuild do not possibly yet know that. 

At the very least, none of those guys are worth more today than when they were drafted. 

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Unfortunately, I'll be buying The Show AND buying my 10-game Sox plan here very soon. As much as this team is infuriating right now, I love baseball too much to ignore.

I'll be buying the Show but fuck going to games unless they're free or dirt cheap. Not buying any gear either. The talent has to come to fruition for me to change my mind. I'm not holding my breath. 

Top to bottom this organization is an embarrassment, that picture somebody posted in the other thread with the ratio of number of years that the team has been in existence to how many post season appearances theyve had says it all

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO BE GOOD, they just happen to luck themselves into winning from time to time.

Season ticket holders: no clue what to say to you folks.

undeserved loyalty is asinine, stop fucking throwing money away.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

Those don't have to be the only two choices, and I know you aren't that dense to know that. 

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Jerry can be a bad owner, and Rick can be a bad GM. 

But if you want to die on the "Rick Hahn is a great GM, Jerry is just a bad owner" hill, go nuts. You're going to die mostly alone. 

The fact that Jerry is a bad owner is why he employs a bad GM.

• Like 1