yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

board: “Give us ANY information ANYTHiNG”

poster: “bad news...”

board: “oh check out this guy acting like an insider what does he know I’ll take my GoOD info from days ago.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can’t imagine what the bad news would possibly be. The Phillies aren’t going to bowl him over the day they’re meeting with Harper. 

My guess is it's something like this:

Our negotiations with Machado have slowed recently. There was some momentum and hope that we would reach a deal this week, but both sides appear to be far apart on the money side of things. This may drag into February. The bright side is that Philadelphia is not meeting his asking price at the moment either.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

board: “oh check out this guy acting like an insider what does he know I’ll take my GoOD info from days ago.”

lol. nice.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Gave him the runs probably.

Soupy poopy with a side of green apple splatters. Gotta watch those refined carbs and sugars!

Well, if the Phillies somehow manage to get both guys...we can ship them all of our newly-acquired vets for more Tier B/C prospects.

Maybe notHahn works for Dan Clark Sports, lol.  How would anyone know?

Edited by caulfield12

The other option could be taht the white sox have decided they're out and they're going to go finish signings elsewhere. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But what momentum was actually building?  I think we’re all confusing the addition of Jay and some random tweets from insiders to suggest things were actually moving when in reality I don’t think that’s probably not the case.  To me, it really seems like it’s been the same stand-still for weeks, except now the Yankees are out and we’ved added another one of Manny’s friends.  Those are good things, but not indicative of any momentum.  Nothing really going to change in that respect until one side finally blinks.

Maybe, but macsandz has typically been more reserved when things are like that. Him being so positive definitely made it feel like it was close.

• Like 1

So Boras makes you feel far apart forever and then gradually anchors you to a deal higher than you would think the market would still be. Maybe this guy makes you feel close, drags it out, close, drags it out until you become sick of it and pay up.

Just now, bschmaranz said:

Some of you guys need a woman.

Preach.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Nobody should've trusted NotHahn to begin with. Not trying to take shots at all and I'm sure they're a good person but just doesn't make sense

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Some of you guys need a woman.

As a married guy, I think I’ll settle for a whale...or even a whale-tail at this point.

Something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Nobody should've trusted NotHahn to begin with. Not trying to take shots at all and I'm sure they're a good person but just doesn't make sense

People believe him because he gave positive info first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe, but macsandz has typically been more reserved when things are like that. Him being so positive definitely made it feel like it was close.

raBBit said Wednesday. If it doesn't happen by then, maybe it's time to worry. But until that happens, then I refuse to be upset over this non news

• Like 1

Did anyone *really* believe him though? I'm just kind of playing along because there is nothing of substance anywhere.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

As a married guy, I think I’ll settle for a whale...or even a whale-tail at this point.

Something.

Fair enough.  

Homie is driving in snow - chill and give the man some time to tell you what he heard before you bring out pitch forks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

People believe him because he gave positive info first.

Lures you with candy, next thing you know you’re tied up in the back of the van.. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

This whole thing about waiting until Wednesday seems completely arbitrary though...more of an in-joke about how many big Sox moves have gone down on that day in recent years.

That said, it will fit the one week timeline of the Gomez news.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Homie is driving in snow - chill and give the man some time to tell you what he heard before you bring out pitch forks.

Dammit, I already took the tags off of mine.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Haha 1

Keep this in mind. This was only 21 hours ago. Unless raBBit received some new info that he hasn't shared yet that isn't good, it's no time to worry

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Perhaps, but I continue to take any positive insider info to mean the organization feels its in a good spot to land one of these guys based on their assessment of the market and knowing they still have plenty of room to go up with their bids.  I honestly believe when Machado finally picks a team, it’s going to come so fast (because someone caved and changed their ask / offer) that our insiders won’t be privy to that in time to share in advance of it leaking through the national insiders.