LittleHurt05

ChiBeria 2019

At 6 AM today I saw a dude going for a run outside.  Are you crazy?  The guy had to get in a fight with his wife or something and the only way to prove he was right was going for that run.  

• Haha 1

Damn I hate winter. More and more every year. Chicago is so great in the summer and so horrible in the winter. I gotta get outta here at some point before I die.

We are planning to move to Portland later this year. I just checked the weather there and its in the upper 40s. 

Sounding pretty good right now

My dog usually doesn't care about the weather and will want to stay outside, but not today.  She went out, did her business, and was ready to come in within 1 minute.  

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Damn I hate winter. More and more every year. Chicago is so great in the summer and so horrible in the winter. I gotta get outta here at some point before I die.

100% this. If i'm going to be stuck in the snow/cold weather, at least give me a mountain to look at, not a cement jungle.

I love what this city has to offer, but it has the absolute worst weather imaginable. Unbearable in the winter, unbearable in the summer. We get about 4 total weeks of perfect weather out of the entire year.

I think my biggest pet peeve is the massive drop in temperatures after every measurable snowfall.  I hear about a city like Denver where it snows a bunch, then two days later it's in the 50s or 60s.  Here you get some snow, you can enjoy it for 24 hours, then it's unbearably cold for the next week, every freaking time.  Then it takes two months to melt too.

Don't worry, it will warm up Super Bowl Sunday. My co-worker had some Southwest vouchers he couldn't use, so he gave them to me, and I am heading to South Florida Super Bowl Sunday with 3 buddies for 5 days. All we had to pay for our roundtrip flights  was $40 in tax. But since I am going, no way it doesn't warm up nicely here. You are all welcome.

47 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Don't worry, it will warm up Super Bowl Sunday. My co-worker had some Southwest vouchers he couldn't use, so he gave them to me, and I am heading to South Florida Super Bowl Sunday with 3 buddies for 5 days. All we had to pay for our roundtrip flights  was $40 in tax. But since I am going, no way it doesn't warm up nicely here. You are all welcome.

Are 2 of your buddies named Yonder and Jon?  Is this a business trip to woo a Mr. Machado? 😆

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Are 2 of your buddies named Yonder and Jon?  Is this a business trip to woo a Mr. Machado? 😆

How did you know? Beef is my other guy.

11 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

100% this. If i'm going to be stuck in the snow/cold weather, at least give me a mountain to look at, not a cement jungle.

I love what this city has to offer, but it has the absolute worst weather imaginable. Unbearable in the winter, unbearable in the summer. We get about 4 total weeks of perfect weather out of the entire year.

I prefer winters in Chicago to winters in NZ.

Schools closed last night anticipating a foot of snow here. We got 5 inches. 

Roads were really bad this morning...wish I would have just worked from home. I figured I would make the trek today knowing I am working from home Wednesday.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:52 AM, joejoedairy said:

We are planning to move to Portland later this year. I just checked the weather there and its in the upper 40s. 

Sounding pretty good right now

Just moved here a year ago, yeah it rains from Nov-May but it's perfect all summer. sunny and 50º today

• Thanks 1

Actually closing our shop tomorrow, which is rare.  Plan on being open Thursday, but the morning temps look just as bad as Wednesday.  At least it will get into the negative single digits by the afternoon.

I'm on the other side of the lake and we've gotten over a foot of snow in the last 2 days AND we're getting the -50 wind chills the next two nights.

Tomorrow looks like the perfect day to fly back from AZ. 😣

You ask how cold is it in Illinois? Answer: It's so cold that even the politicians in Illinois will have their hands in their own pockets.

A little climate change humor, non-partisan version.

Did anyone else hear the haunting sounds of your house contracting through the night? Boom after boom. Crazy. 

30 minutes ago, shipps said:

Did anyone else hear the haunting sounds of your house contracting through the night? Boom after boom. Crazy. 

I did. Ran to make sure it wasn't  a water pipe bursting.