5/26- Sox at Twins, 1:10, NBCSC

flavum

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Covey looking good so far throwing 5 pitches. 2 seamer, cutter, slider, curve and change up.

He normally looks fine for 3-4 innings. The refusal to not go with an opener for him really frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Covey looking good so far throwing 5 pitches. 2 seamer, cutter, slider, curve and change up.

Auditioning for that #5 starter on our contending teams.  Could happen as he seems to be improving for 4 or 5 innings stints.

I understand that Minnesota is good. But God damn. We would be in this series if we just caught the balls we should catch and actually put the ball in play with runners in scoring position. We are giving this series to Minnesota. Their 1st two runs yesterday were a total gift and their 1st run today is a gift. Not all Tilson, but mostly Tilson. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

TBH I wasn’t paying much attention at that point. I would figure a no power fast guy would have a decent glove.

When we traded for him, he was regarded as a guy who could play at least average defense in CF. For example, fangraphs had him at 50/55 in the field. Not sure if his hamstring injury is responsible for the apparent regression, or bad coaching.