Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Magic Number: Playoffs - 0; Division - 4

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It would be incredible to clinch a playoff spot with Minnesota in Chicago to watch it.

Thursday afternoon would be good. Win it on the field rather than the Mariners losing at midnight Wednesday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It would be incredible to clinch a playoff spot with Minnesota in Chicago to watch it.

Didn't the Sox clinch in 2005 in Minnesota? I seem to remember Paulie popping a beer and sliding into home during the celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Didn't the Sox clinch in 2005 in Minnesota? I seem to remember Paulie popping a beer and sliding into home during the celebration.

That was 2000 in the dome. Sox clinched in Detroit in 2005.

Edited by flavum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flavum said:

That was 2000 in the dome. Sox clinched in Detroit in 2005.

Got it. I thought I remembered some celebration in Minnesota. I'm not totally senile yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox magic number for the division is currently 11.  If you assume Minnesota is the second place team winning two of the next three is huge, as it would give them the tiebreaker meaning they would only need to get the magic number down to 1 to clinch the division title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We had the same idea so I deleted my post. 

I totally didn't see it before I posted it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

So good chance they clinch a playoff berth at home this week with Minnesota across the field?  Outstanding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

So good chance they clinch a playoff berth at home this week with Minnesota across the field?  Outstanding!

At this stage they control their own fate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Guess that makes sense. Win tonight and it really makes sense...and it would mean we’re closer to clinching the division.

I seem to remember in 2005 because of all the tiebreaker scenarios at the time, the Sox didn’t know they could clinch in Detroit until that morning. 

Edited by flavum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flavum said:

Interesting. Guess that makes sense. Win tonight and it really makes sense...and it would mean we’re closer to clinching the division.

I seem to remember in 2005 because of all the tiebreaker scenarios at the time, the Sox didn’t know they could clinch in Detroit until that morning. 

We thought they had a good chance so took the morning drive to Detroit. About 4,000 there, a few thousand Sox fans, the rest Detroit fans. Will always be a great memory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Magic Numbers to stay ahead of...

  • Det-2
  • Sea-2
  • Hou-5
  • Cle-7
  • NY- 8
  • Tor-8
  • Min-9
  • Oak-10
  • TB-12
Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

If the standings stay as they are right now, then the Twins would get the Yankees in the playoffs yet again.

There's a pretty good chance this ends up happening (Twins 4 and Yankees 5), and I can't think of a worse matchup for the Twins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic Number: 2


So today could be clinch day, but it may happen around midnight.

Sox win, Tigers and Mariners lose.

Edited by flavum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×