2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

If Biden can win Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, & Michigan he wins.  Several sites have already called Arizona for Biden and WI & MI is looking pretty good at the moment based on the vote remaining.  Nevada scares me the most, but even there Biden should be the favorite.

That path doesn’t even count Georgia where Biden is currently a slight favorite or Pennsylvania where he still has a shot.  He wins either of those states and it’s more or less over for Trump.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Biden can win Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, & Michigan he wins.  Several sites have already called Arizona for Biden and WI & MI is looking pretty good at the moment based on the vote remaining.  Nevada scares me the most, but even there Biden should be the favorite.

That path doesn’t even count Georgia where Biden is currently a slight favorite or Pennsylvania where he still has a shot.  He wins either of those states and it’s more or less over for Trump.

Wisconsin has nothing left to count. Unless someone made a mistake somewhere it’s over.

If Michigan turns pale blue today, I will take that deep breath. The others will take longer.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Green Bay reported?  I thought that was still outstanding?

They returned their absentee ballots about 45 minutes ago and Biden picked up 4000 votes in that batch. Trump won that county but it narrowed when those ballots came through. They increased Biden’s lead.

Edit: chair of WI dems:

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I feel like overall it’s got to be like 60/40 in favor of Biden right now overall, right?

I think it’s better than that but not certain until I see Michigan. Math says Biden won, narrowly in the EC and probably a lot in popular vote.

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

Philly and Pitt are definitely the most delayed from that thread, so plenty of votes there. 

I think MI makes it unnecessary later today. Still Dem county there and absentees to count, will push Biden ahead. Once it turns light blue, no other pool of Trump votes.

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wish I understood all of this better.  I feel like I'm the cat in those videos of cats watching ping pong 

Last time I went to bed thinking the white supremacist had won as couldn’t sleep, fearing he would screw something up badly and hurt a lot of people (how bout that). Last night I slept decent, not great.

Five major urban centers still to go in MI...in the end, lots are now predicting MI won’t even end up all that close.

Not to mention Genessee County/Flint hasn’t even turned blue yet.   MI should have results by this evening, according to Secretary of State.

Lots of Clark and another major urban area in Nevada outstanding...

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Last time I went to bed thinking the white supremacist had won as couldn’t sleep, fearing he would screw something up badly and hurt a lot of people (how bout that). Last night I slept decent, not great.

It's been a very weird day and a half 

First, I want to congratulate all on this thread for the general tone of civility. I think this can show how some iteration of the buster could be revived here.

Second, I'm still holding my breath on election night. Despite the apparent leads Individual One holds right now, he pretty much has to run the table on these states that are outstanding. 

For VP Biden, it looks like there could be more remaining paths to win. This, despite the apparent deficits in the remaining states.

I really don't know which situation I'd prefer, were I a candidate.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Care to elaborate?

LARR got great odds betting Biden to win last night, most of the odds strongly favored T at the time. Now Biden clear gambling favorite. Like betting the Patriots in 3rd quarter of Super Bowl against Atl.