Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iWiN4PreP

Bob N: Cleveland intends to trade Lindor

Recommended Posts

 

This was posted in the "Offseason" topic, but I feel this deserves it's own thread here for the following reasons:

1) Cleveland, one of our main rivals, is effectively giving up for 2021. Letting Hand go, and now trading Lindor.

2) Is there anyway we can sneak into this and get lindor? Send Moncada to RF? 

3) The early thought is that the trade will be pennies on the dollar. Anyone have predictions on where lindor will go and for whom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said in the other thread, they missed their window to deal Lindor,  He is a year from free agency and about to pull down a twenty million dollar (or more) paycheck in a time period where teams are going to be desperately trying to cut salary.  I get the feeling the price an acquiring team pays to get him is going to be woefully light.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys can we just make a big move like this and acquire a star 

sign him up for 10+ years and be super loaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

 

This was posted in the "Offseason" topic, but I feel this deserves it's own thread here for the following reasons:

1) Cleveland, one of our main rivals, is effectively giving up for 2021. Letting Hand go, and now trading Lindor.

2) Is there anyway we can sneak into this and get lindor? Send Moncada to RF? 

3) The early thought is that the trade will be pennies on the dollar. Anyone have predictions on where lindor will go and for whom? 

Cleveland is not giving up. They have proven to be effective at retooling. They have made decent trades . I will never say never but I'd put the odds of getting Lindor at 1000 to 1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

As I said in the other thread, they missed their window to deal Lindor,  He is a year from free agency and about to pull down a twenty million dollar (or more) paycheck in a time period where teams are going to be desperately trying to cut salary.  I get the feeling the price an acquiring team pays to get him is going to be woefully light.

It might be light but but they will get at least one very talented piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Sounds like the perfect time to finally move TA to catcher.

And here I was wondering if Lindor could play RF when the obvious answer was right under my nose.  Well done sir! 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmags said:

Would be a good second baseman.

With our luck, we'd trade Madrigal, make Lindor our 2B, Lindor signs with the Tigers to be their SS and lead their youth, and Madrigal terrorizes us for a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Quin said:

With our luck, we'd trade Madrigal, make Lindor our 2B, Lindor signs with the Tigers to be their SS and lead their youth, and Madrigal terrorizes us for a decade.

I’ll take that bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

Sounds like the perfect time to finally move TA to catcher.

TAs got a pretty good arm, so I’d try him at SP to fill some holes. I see him as our Ohtani.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindor's probably going to the Dodgers or Mets or Yankees. Outside chance maybe the Angels or Phillies? 

But why can't we make a crazy move like this. I have 0 faith the W'sox get it done, but whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Lindor's probably going to the Dodgers or Mets or Yankees. Outside chance maybe the Angels or Phillies? 

But why can't we make a crazy move like this. I have 0 faith the W'sox get it done, but whatever

Well, because it would be crazy, as in stupid crazy. TA may not be the better player (debatable, at least for this White Sox team), but adding Lindor's salary is 100% counterproductive and doesn't make any damn sense. At least try and come up with something that makes a tiny bit of sense.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's time for The Tribe to become the Nashville Stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×