NFL 2021 offseason thread

Matt Miller's mock draft has bears getting Cosmi and Eskridge tonight which would be rad. Have seen Cosmi a few times.

I really like Zech McPherson though I know people really want receivers, I could see us trading into the fifth and getting a WR there.

21 minutes ago, bmags said:

Matt Miller's mock draft has bears getting Cosmi and Eskridge tonight which would be rad. Have seen Cosmi a few times.

I really like Zech McPherson though I know people really want receivers, I could see us trading into the fifth and getting a WR there.

CBS has Cosmi and Nico Collins, which I'd be good with that and then try and grab (or trade up) for a slot guy too.

16 minutes ago, bigruss said:

CBS has Cosmi and Nico Collins, which I'd be good with that and then try and grab (or trade up) for a slot guy too.

I don't know I've ever seen Nico Collins but his size and athleticism score is pretty great.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't know I've ever seen Nico Collins but his size and athleticism score is pretty great.

Yea and that isn't as common in this draft so totally ok with taking that and following up with one of the many slot options.

16 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

OT and DB should be addressed fairly early with the remaining picks. They can take some flyers on WR later.

Eh, to me it's all about investing in your QB now.  Get OL and WRs to support him.

• Like 1

Just now, bigruss said:

Eh, to me it's all about investing in your QB now.  Get OL and WRs to support him.

I’d be perfectly fine with drafting two OL. I think them signing that free agent WR was their biggest receiver acquisition. Mooney’s locked in as their 2. I just don’t know who they are going to have fill in for Fuller. 

10 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’d be perfectly fine with drafting two OL. I think them signing that free agent WR was their biggest receiver acquisition. Mooney’s locked in as their 2. I just don’t know who they are going to have fill in for Fuller. 

Year Games Played Games Missed Snaps Rushing Receiving Fumbles
Injured Healthy Offense Special Att Yards Avg TD Rec Yards Avg TD Total Lost
2013 12 4 0 27.0% 14.2% 3 13 4.3 0 17 283 16.6 3 1 1
2014 10 5 1 8.5% 17.1% 3 8 2.7 0 1 42 42.0 0 1 0
2015 2 14 0 2.8% 2.6% 0 0 0.0 0 2 24 12.0 0 0 0
2016 15 1 0 60.2% 0.0% 0 0 0.0 0 29 431 14.9 3 0 0
2017 16 0 0 69.8% 0.2% 3 34 11.3 0 54 934 17.3 1 0 0
2018 11 4 1 41.3% 0.4% 4 9 2.3 0 23 395 17.2 4 1 0
2019 9 5 1 25.4% 1.4% 1 15 15.0 0 12 186 15.5 1 0 0

I wouldn't count on that, and we need long term talent at that position.  This dude is 31, Robinson is probably a year or less with the Bears.  In a deep draft of WRs, we need to snag one or two.

5 minutes ago, bigruss said:
Year Games Played Games Missed Snaps Rushing Receiving Fumbles
Injured Healthy Offense Special Att Yards Avg TD Rec Yards Avg TD Total Lost
2013 12 4 0 27.0% 14.2% 3 13 4.3 0 17 283 16.6 3 1 1
2014 10 5 1 8.5% 17.1% 3 8 2.7 0 1 42 42.0 0 1 0
2015 2 14 0 2.8% 2.6% 0 0 0.0 0 2 24 12.0 0 0 0
2016 15 1 0 60.2% 0.0% 0 0 0.0 0 29 431 14.9 3 0 0
2017 16 0 0 69.8% 0.2% 3 34 11.3 0 54 934 17.3 1 0 0
2018 11 4 1 41.3% 0.4% 4 9 2.3 0 23 395 17.2 4 1 0
2019 9 5 1 25.4% 1.4% 1 15 15.0 0 12 186 15.5 1 0 0

I wouldn't count on that, and we need long term talent at that position.  This dude is 31, Robinson is probably a year or less with the Bears.  In a deep draft of WRs, we need to snag one or two.

I don’t disagree. I just worry about over investing in the offense with an aging defense with several holes. I feel like once we get a competent offense, the defense will then suck. Par the course of being a Bears fan. 

1 hour ago, bigruss said:

OMG that would be great. 

idk about you guys but I've seen enough of Miller and Wims, but would like them to give Ridley a look. Every time he gets in games he gets open. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I just think OL and WR are the best value now anyway, but there could be a great CB pick available, and certain edge guys I wouldn’t be upset about.

And obviously some special players like JOK that Desai could make some really intriguing D out of with Roquan and EJ

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

OT and DB should be addressed fairly early with the remaining picks. They can take some flyers on WR later.

I’m with you. Opponents should look at the cornerback depth and pick apart most of those guys easily. Get a corner before a receiver.

3 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Nah, I don't want to be the guy who picks nits. I misunderstood your previous post, and I think it's fair on your part to want a team to more regularly make attempts to draft a QB.

That said, when your GM has a career negative WAR compared to competent GMs, its like giving Leury or Hamilton more PAs than they deserve. And when your negative WAR GM fucks up other acquisitions, and has to re-do positional upgrades, here we are as a Fandom.

Well, they coulda, ya know, kept the franchise's all time passing leader for less money than they squandered on Glennon. But, reasons. Oh, and that all time passing leader wasn't nice to the media or something.

So yes, setting aside that there was a better player here, and on less money who could have been a bridge QB, yes, Mike Glennon was an ABSOLUTE NEED for those geniuses. 

It was really sad to see a list of quarterbacks the Bears drafted in the Tribune the other day. I cringed at the names. The amount of quarterbacks they have had since the Super Bowl compared to other teams like the Steelers and Packers makes me like the Fields pick more.

35 minutes ago, The Beast said:

It was really sad to see a list of quarterbacks the Bears drafted in the Tribune the other day. I cringed at the names. The amount of quarterbacks they have had since the Super Bowl compared to other teams like the Steelers and Packers makes me like the Fields pick more.

Oh, without a doubt.

The other side of the coin is/was their handling of some of the drafted QBs. I mean, Mahomes sat and watched for most of his rookie season. So too had a lot of the top QBs, going back to Brady, Rogers, and others. 

But hey, Trubisky just HAD TO start earlier than all those guys, amirite? Here's hoping Dalton plays well enough to let Fields find himself in this league.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

I'm in on the OT/CB duo today if neither are a reach. Hell I'd be fine going OT/OT if the board falls right. There are weapons on this team, pretty much everywhere. 

That said I certainly wouldn't scoff at a WR draft pick if the value is there.

29 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I'm in on the OT/CB duo today if neither are a reach. Hell I'd be fine going OT/OT if the board falls right. There are weapons on this team, pretty much everywhere. 

That said I certainly wouldn't scoff at a WR draft pick if the value is there.

Our WR room is still pretty weak.  Robinson is a stud and Mooney is promising, but we really need to invest in the position.  Mooney is the only legit guy we have under contract after this season.  You don’t trade up for a QB prospect and then stop adding weapons because of guys like Goodwin & Miller.  We should be going all in the offense now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Our WR room is still pretty weak.  Robinson is a stud and Mooney is promising, but we really need to invest in the position.  Mooney is the only legit guy we have under contract after this season.  You don’t trade up for a QB prospect and then stop adding weapons because of guys like Goodwin & Miller.  We should be going all in the offense now.

Idk why you spend a 4th round pick on Ridley and never really give him any looks. He gets open when he plays. I've seen enough of Wims and Miller. 

Hopefully the Bears can get back into the 5th round by moving Miller. 

Edited by Jack Parkman