ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Don't agree on starting a third inning with Tepera, he can still go tomorrow and definitely Wednesday. Don't want to push his arm and make him do something he has never done.

Bummer is up in the bullpen, Kimbrel likely will be soon. You need to have someone fresh and available after 3 batters until you get to Hendriks.

Honestly I don’t think I’d throw Tepera tomorrow except as a backup option in extras already, so if he thinks he has something left I’d go for it today.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Stop worrying so much about tomorrow 

When you’re up 3 you can worry about tomorrow. If trouble happens Hendriks needs to be the one getting ready to come in for 1,2,3 innings but you’re fucking yourself if you overuse him when you don’t have to. 

Just now, fathom said:

Bummer is for sure getting the 7th.  I bet Kimbrel comes in if he struggles

I think it’s pretty clear that Kimbrel needs to start clean innings.  It’s a shame that Tony never figured out roles that would work for both him and Liam.  To me, Hendriks should be the guy brought in with runners on base regardless of the inning.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

When you’re up 3 you can worry about tomorrow. If trouble happens Hendriks needs to be the one getting ready to come in for 1,2,3 innings but you’re fucking yourself if you overuse him when you don’t have to. 

You trust a 3 run lead too much. Hendriks is an animal and I have no doubt that man can pitch 2 tonight and be available tomorrow.