It's a real war
Right outside your front door
I tell ya
Out where they'll kill ya
You could use a friend

Edited by caulfield12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Clearly you don't believe in jinx's . I though you started something with Afternoon Delight ! ;)

At my age, the Starlight Vocal Band only works for 1 afternoon.

As far as as jinx's, my title is the same format and there's a tune....and I'll be wearing the same Sox cap as yesterday. :P

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Cause
The road is long and
Each step is only the beginning
No breaks, just heartaches
Oh man, is anybody winning?

It's a long road
And it's hard as hell
Tell me what do you do to survive
When they draw first blood
That's just the start of it
Day and night
You gotta fight
To keep alive

It's a real war
Right outside your front door
I tell ya
Out where they'll kill ya
You could use a friend

The long and winding road

That leads to your door

Will never disappear

I've seen that road before

It always leads me here

Lead me to you door

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

My view on this team all season long has been that NY and HOU are going to be the 1 and 2 seeds, and this Sox team as constructed isn't going to win a Division Series against either team.

They won 2 of 3 at Yankee stadium and have a chance to take 2 of 3 at Minute Maid with Kopech going to the mound and the bullpen with everybody but Lopez available.

42 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

My view on this team all season long has been that NY and HOU are going to be the 1 and 2 seeds, and this Sox team as constructed isn't going to win a Division Series against either team.

They won 2 of 3 at Yankee stadium and have a chance to take 2 of 3 at Minute Maid with Kopech going to the mound and the bullpen with everybody but Lopez available.

Bummer and Crick on IL. Have you heard Hendriks is available ? Is Davis Martin available because if he's not that leaves Lambert, Banks, Sousa, Ruiz, Graveman and Kelly and maybe one of Lambert, Banks, Sousa or Davis is being sent down if the Sox announce Haseley for Moncada and a pitcher for Kopech.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Bummer and Crick on IL. Have you heard Hendriks is available ? Is Davis Martin available because if he's not that leaves Lambert, Banks, Sousa, Ruiz, Graveman and Kelly and maybe one of Lambert, Banks, Sousa or Davis is being sent down if the Sox announce Haseley for Moncada and a pitcher for Kopech.

Everybody but Lopez = everybody on the active roster but Lopez, so that implied that Bummer, Crick and Hendriks were not included.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok I'll assume Davis is not going to be used in relief then. Sousa Banks Ruiz and Lambert for middle innings oh my.

Davis is probably the guy who gets them through the 5th if Kopech can't. Some combination of Sousa/Ruiz/Foster get the 6th-7th, Kelly 8th, Graveman 9th.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That song was the sweetest sugary pop way of making a song about sex in the afternoon . John Denver was so proud of that band.

Taffy and Bill co wrote "take me home, country roads" with John denver.

Coming home 32-32 would definitely make me hit the pause button on my hate for the coaching staff. Nice to see some good wins this week. Hopefully Kopech finishes it in style, and they come home and start stacking wins there too. Go Sox!

• Thanks 1