Sox at San Fran 7/2/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

Cease threw 104 pitches in five innings? That's just insanely too many. Geez. I just tuned in. 104 in five innings would indicate a boring game. Has it been boring?

I like the 5-1 lead.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It was certainly a lot easier in the NL with pitchers hitting.  But then a ton of PHers.

Abreu has gone from one homer every 12.6 to roughly one per 30ish at bats over the last two seasons.

He's definitely not lifting and pulling it over the fence and blasting HRs to center as in the past. He's actually had some good games though and gotten some big hits for this rotten team.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I know he's done mediocre to OK, but I wish Sox could upgrade. I know .... the huge money Sox are paying him and all that. ...

I'd take a Joey Gallo swap right now.  I know Gallo sucks but at least he plays better defense and swings from the left side. 

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I know he's done mediocre to OK, but I wish Sox could upgrade. I know .... the huge money Sox are paying him and all that. ...

SoxTalk generally liked that move until sentiment finally turned against Hahn this year.  Or the move was blamed on TLR, who never wanted Kimbrel in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'd take a Joey Gallo swap right now.  I know Gallo sucks but at least he plays better defense and swings from the left side. 

Pollock would somehow turn into Rizzo over there...not sure Gallo plays better defense anymore.  Better arm though.  Definitely can play RF better.

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Cease still needs to cut his pitches down, but he battled today. SF put some good at bats together even if they dont always capitalize 

He also had some sort of a groin issue in the 3rd inning, but sucked it up for 5.

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea I'm not trying to be rude or anything but when people say those things they have to ask those questions 1st and then you might realize how few guys actually do what he wants Dylan to do.

Yea I probably miss spoke asking for him to go 7 innings but he does definitely need to get through 6 especially before hitting the 100 pitch mark.