Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the offday hurts the Astros as much because Lidge has 48 more hours to think about it. Three games is tough in that park which was one of the biggest home field advantages in baseball so I will definitely be happy with one win there. Game 3 is gonna be huge with that pitching matchup.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Oswalt the Unhittable.

Ervin Santana was unhittable too.

And Jon Garland was back to his pre-2005 self.

And Freddy Garcia was going to be all walks and HR.

..right?

Oswalt will be tough, he knows how to pitch there. He has the hardest average fastball in the NL. His curve is just plain wicked too. It's like facing Franbkie Rodriguez for 8 innings when he is out there. I think that you play for one run the whole time against him and bunt/steal/h'n'r etc.

This will be our toughest game, perhaps of the season. We definitely face their best pitcher and at home where they're the best. We lose the DH. If we get to Oswalt early, we can win. If we get him out in the 6th and aren't trailing too badly, we can win. Otherwise, this is going to be a very, very tough game. The Sox have it in them, but it will definitely be the hardest win of the entire season.

This will be our toughest game, perhaps of the season.  We definitely face their best pitcher and at home where they're the best.  We lose the DH.  If we get to Oswalt early, we can win.  If we get him out in the 6th and aren't trailing too badly, we can win.  Otherwise, this is going to be a very, very tough game.  The Sox have it in them, but it will definitely be the hardest win of the entire season.

Everett not in our lineup? Oh no, what will we do? :lol: ;)

The key, as it has been the whole time, is to get to the middle of the Astros bullpen. Lidge had been solid until his last 2 appearances, but the middle of their pen can definitely be had.

Everett can be a dangerous option for Ozzie off the bench. I wouldn't mind seeing him up there in a late-game, one at-bat situation.

Lets go for the throat. Tuesday is in essence the season for the Astros. I hope the guys come out like starving sharks in game 3. And what's with all this Oswalt talk anyway? Yeah, I know he's good. But Garland ain't chopped liver, either. He didn't win 18 games, make the all-star team, and throw a 4 hit, complete game against a very good Angels team on the road by accident. :gosox2: