Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got two of them. I'm good. I just hope the Royals don't go on a tare as we roll into town. That would suck huge. Tell me this...how come the Royals can handle the Twins like spanked monkeys, and we can't even give them a good game, 'cause they own us. I just hope we're at least 3 games ahead of them when we go into Minny.

Edited by cgaudin

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
We got two of them. I'm good. I just hope the Royals don't go on a tare as we roll into town. That would suck huge. Tell me this...how come the Royals can handle the Twins like spanked monkeys, and we can't even give them a good game, 'cause they own us. I just hope we're at least 3 games ahead of them when we go into Minny.

I'm not good with just two.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
How the hell can you be happy with just two?

no doubt, especially considering that Santana is going for minny tomorrow. If Javy doesn't pitch well then we'll be tied again in the loss column.

Whatever it takes. Just win.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)

Possibly because KC has NOTHING to play for except pride and to be a spoiler. Yeah...I think that's it.

Let's keep it goin'! :gosox3:

/snark

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
I'm not good with just two.

Yeah, because those games are over.

Right now we can either go 1-0 or 0-1. Who makes the playoffs isn't based on series wins, it's based on overall number of wins. I hate when people look at only winning series. Just a few weeks ago we couldn't sweep a series to save our lives...how good would 3 more wins look right now?

Saying 2 of 3 is ok before you've even played the third game is such a loser attitude.

Javy, its Tampa Bay...on the road, against the defending world champs.

PLEASE don't drop teh ball today...we need EVERY win we can get right now, don't blow this PLEASE

And for Gods sake Ozzie, JUST SAY NO to Pods!

This is a big game to get to stay 1 1/2 up. Minny is almost a lock to win with Santana pitching. But they'll have a hard time this weekend in NY.

I think Javy will do well. He can get the young DRays to swing at his pitches. I look for Javy to go 7 + innings, with over 8 K's, more than keeping the sox in the game. It's the offense that needs to get him some runs.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
I can't think of one reason why Mackowiak shouldn't be in LF today.

I agree, but his sorry ass better not be anywhere near center. BA is rolling, let him keep it up....

And there is NO reason whatsoever we should not expect a sweep today. 2 out of 3 isn't good enough with the stretch of games we have left. We need to take advantage of these bad teams, the same way the Tiggs did to get to where they are.

Finish this game, win it, get ready for the Royals, beat them senseless, and have a nice streak going into beantown.

:gosox2:

Edited by chisox72

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
Finish this game, win it, get ready for the Royals, beat them senseless, and have a nice streak going into beantown.

:gosox2:

I'm actually more worried about the Royals then the Red Sox. The Royals are playing loose and have no pressure on them.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
I'm actually more worried about the Royals then the Red Sox. The Royals are playing loose and have no pressure on them.

Yep. The Royals are playing the spoiler role this season. Have to give them credit for that. The KC series wont be easy. They split with us and now they have won the Minnesota series. KC is playing pretty impresive ball vs very good teams.

Reifert's blog:

Today's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Dye, RF; PK, DH; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Gload, 1B; Uribe, SS; Mackowiak, CF. Vazquez on the mound.

Just kidding. Anderson in CF.