2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
Im watching the Cubs game and Ive heard for the second time that with the Cards and Sawks in town that the winners of the past 3 world series are in town. Is it me, or are the winners of the last 4 world series in town?

Yes sir, Boston won in 2004 and 2007.

Brewers winning 3-1, looking to gain a half game on the Cubs and I believe they are 3 up in the Wild Card. Cubs need to win that division, they play so much better at Wrigley, it would hurt to take the WC and have to play a best of 5 series at AZ/PHI/NYM

It's finally time for the Brewers to put up a division champs flag. It's been an eternity since they have done so. '82 if I'm not mistaking is when they missed out in making perhaps the biggest beer pool in the Mid-West Region.

This is the year for them!

I'd love the Brewers to win the division, but I'd almost rather have them win the Wild Card based on recent history with a Wild Card team being in the World Series every time since 2002. Worst case scenario, Cubs and Twins World Series, I honestly do not know who I'd go for. I don't competely understand the whole Chicago deal because I've never lived in Chicago, but I cannot stand Twins fans around here so I wouldn't want to see them win a World Series.

I think the Cubs are too hot too early. All its gonna take is for a team to get hot at the time like Colorado did last year. They seem to be unbeatable, its just not the best time for it because we know it wont last. Thats what I think made 05 even more unreal was how cold the Sox got going into the playoffs and then just flipped a switch once they started.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
I think the Cubs are too hot too early. All its gonna take is for a team to get hot at the time like Colorado did last year. They seem to be unbeatable, its just not the best time for it because we know it wont last. Thats what I think made 05 even more unreal was how cold the Sox got going into the playoffs and then just flipped a switch once they started.

As I recall, the Sox got pretty hot when they clinched the division, and shortly thereafter the Sox 40-man scrubs swept the Indians out of the playoffs entirely. Then the Sox won 3 straight and then won 8 more in a row.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
As I recall, the Sox got pretty hot when they clinched the division, and shortly thereafter the Sox 40-man scrubs swept the Indians out of the playoffs entirely. Then the Sox won 3 straight and then won 8 more in a row.

5 in a row to end the regular season, but things did get pretty hairy there towards the end

QUOTE (zimne piwo @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 05:26 AM)
Hey... wanna vomit to the latest Cubbie propaganda littering the shelves at Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc.?

Here ya go... you've been WARNED!!!

http://www.wearecubsfans.com/

If it says 2005 or 2008 World Champions, I'd vomit. Otherwise, I'd expect nothing less than I would normally expect.

The Cubs are kinda like yo-yos were in the late 90s...except they, unfortanutely, have not gone away, like yo-yos did.

Yo-yos were the s***, I wish they hadn't gone away.

Zambrano is flipping out again, and getting lit up.

5-1 Fish in the 3rd, Zamloco talking to himself/yelling at himself on the mound.

If that guy could ever grow up and control himself, he could be great. He's very, very good despite being a complete mental case.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Remember when the Cubs were bad on the road? 9 straight if they close this out.

That HR really pissed me off, but we have stolen a few victories too this year, which made it a little less worse. Carrie Wood still has to get three outs. I've said it before, there is no team in the NL that can match their offense/pitching combination, let's just hope they aren't clicking in October.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
That HR really pissed me off, but we have stolen a few victories too this year, which made it a little less worse. Carrie Wood still has to get three outs. I've said it before, there is no team in the NL that can match their offense/pitching combination, let's just hope they aren't clicking in October.

Was the homer far?