2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 05:57 AM)
Apparently Wood got mad at Jolbert Cabrera for celebrating too much after a game winning hit. Wood must not pay attention to his teammates when they play at home too much, they celebrate pretty much everything that happens.

It's "Ron Santo syndrome." He completely ignores Zambrano and seemingly anytime one of them gets a double and acts like they hit it in a tie world series game, but rips on other teams when they show emotion.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 06:57 AM)
Apparently Wood got mad at Jolbert Cabrera for celebrating too much after a game winning hit. Wood must not pay attention to his teammates when they play at home too much, they celebrate pretty much everything that happens.

If that pussy doesn't want people celebrating, he shouldn't blow a two run lead in the 9th inning to the REDS. I understand that was a key error, but he still gave up 3 hits and 2 walks to them, obviously not good.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 02:53 AM)
The Brewers suck balls, period.

Lol, the Brewers could have been looking, at best, tied for the lead, but they seem to falter whenever the Cubs do. Sad but true. There's still a few weeks to go though and this one isn't in the books yet . . .

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 06:57 AM)

I've never seen a team pose so much after HR's than this cubs team. All they do is flip bats, strike poses, jump for catches and thank god for everything. Take a good look at any Soriano HR or Ramirez HR.

As obvious as it was how pathetic the NL is when the Cubs were winning, it's even more obvious when they are losing. They've lost almost everyday for a week and a half now, and pretty much nothing has happened to their division/playoff leads.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
As obvious as it was how pathetic the NL is when the Cubs were winning, it's even more obvious when they are losing. They've lost almost everyday for a week and a half now, and pretty much nothing has happened to their division/playoff leads.

Outside of the cubs, I dont think there is an NL team that could beat an AL team in the world series.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Outside of the cubs, I dont think there is an NL team that could beat an AL team in the world series.

One team that I do not think will be in the playoffs is Milwaukee. The Amazing Ned Yost Our Sphincters Are Too Tight Show, now in its second smash year, continues. That, and the complete failure by GM Doug Melvin to improve their bullpen at the deadline, makes them a team living on borrowed time.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
One team that I do not think will be in the playoffs is Milwaukee. The Amazing Ned Yost Our Sphincters Are Too Tight Show, now in its second smash year, continues. That, and the complete failure by GM Doug Melvin to improve their bullpen at the deadline, makes them a team living on borrowed time.

They are the Chicago White Sox.

They also ran into Jake Peavy and Edison Voloquez.

Look at the schedules in the NL for St. Louis and Houston v. the Brewers and cubs. It may not be that easy yet.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
Lou says the Cubs need to roll their jerseys up.LOL

I love when he talks like an old man.

It was even better than that.

He said they need to "roll up their shirts and kick someone's ass".

Boers & Bernstein had a field day with Lou's tirade, and they were funny doing it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3581523

There's no way they use Ike as an excuse to give the Cubs 3 more home games, right? I mean there's no possible way. Someone please talk me down here. I know that possability is not mentioned in the article, but I have this little nagging thought that MLB would do that. Please no. If that happens, the Astros better raise a holy stink

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
That would be rather fitting wouldn't it? The Cubs end up playing 84 home games and 78 road games, seems like a rather large advantage to me. I don't really see any other solution either.

It would HAVE to be a neutral site like they did for the Marlins at the Cell when they played the Expos

It would be a much bigger disadvantage to the Astros than advantage to the Cubs. The Cubs are going to finish with the best record in the NL regardless, but the Astros are in a wild card race and playing the games at Wrigley would really eff them over. But I'm not sure how they could play this weekend in Houston when there is a distinct possibility the worst part of a category 3 hurricane will be hitting the city. I would hope the games are moved to a neutral site such as Kansas City.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Actually only Fri and Sat games

Trib

It would really suck if they had to make those games up right before the playoffs. If they games are meaningful, they might have a double header.

Edited by G&T

Absolute garbage.

The Cubs and Astros will play Sunday and Monday in Milwaukee, the league announced tonight.

Jason Marquis and Randy Wolf will start in the game scheduled for 7:05 CDT on Sunday. The two teams will play the second game of the series on Monday. If the third game has to be played, it will happen on Sept. 29, which is the day after the regular season is supposed to conclude. Sep. 13 - 10:27 pm et