White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
well according to joe torre manny is supposed to start monday night against the phillies so looks like we wont be getting him till the last minute if we even do

He said Manny is tentatively scheduled to start. He has his out and after what Manny did today I would be shocked if he's still in a Dodgers uniform tomorrow.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
He said Manny is tentatively scheduled to start. He has his out and after what Manny did today I would be shocked if he's still in a Dodgers uniform tomorrow.

tentatively/supposibly kinda what i was getting at.....we wont have him till right before the deadline unfortunately damn dodgers

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
tentatively/supposibly kinda what i was getting at.....we wont have him till right before the deadline unfortunately damn dodgers

I'd be surprised if there's not a decision made tonight. Dodgers are probably sick of the circus as well.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
well according to joe torre manny is supposed to start monday night against the phillies so looks like we wont be getting him till the last minute if we even do

Not like Torre would have any so-say in that anyway, but I bet it's going to be for the fans and Manny to get one last "Hurrah"

SUNDAY, 7:02pm: The White Sox will receive Ramirez tomorrow, a source tells Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times (via Twitter). Because the White Sox will be getting Ramirez on a waiver claim, they will be on the hook for the remainder of his salary, Hernandez tweets.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Edited by north side chi sox fan

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
"SUNDAY, 7:02pm: The White Sox will receive Ramirez tomorrow, a source tells Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times (via Twitter). Because the White Sox will be getting Ramirez on a waiver claim, they will be on the hook for the remainder of his salary, Hernandez tweets."

MLB Trade Rumors

awesome :headbang

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
It could not be more clear that he went up there knowing he was arguing the first called strike.

nice reading way more into it than whats there, it was a terrible call period. I'd react that way also, Cedarstrom is a douche.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
nice reading way more into it than whats there, it was a terrible call period. I'd react that way also, Cedarstrom is a douche.

it's not reading into it more than what it is.....all you had to do was look at his body language when he was walking up to the plate

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
I just feel like it's possibly too late, and that there will be no interested in the Sox even if we have Manny if the upcoming road stand goes poorly.

The delay in this is appalling.

If we wanted Manny, he shoulda been here for the big NY series and definitely hould be there when we play Cleveland, another of the teams we sleepwalk against normally. Time is of the essence to wake up this slumbering team with Mr. Moody.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
The delay in this is appalling.

If we wanted Manny, he shoulda been here for the big NY series and definitely hould be there when we play Cleveland, another of the teams we sleepwalk against normally. Time is of the essence to wake up this slumbering team with Mr. Moody.

Ok, so blame Ned Colletti.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Damn you Dodgers. We really could have used him these last 2 games.

This weekend ended too perfectly for the Dodgers in dumping him and essentially waving the white flag. After today, I'm sure there aren't many Dodger fans who even care he's leaving. Maybe he will be a spark, but if the Sox are picking up the entire salary for one month, they are admitting they made some huge mistakes last offseason. I think its going to be too little too late, but I can see where he will generate some interest.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Jayson stark is reporting that there still could be a swap of a player for some salary relief.

I wonder about this. Who not on the Sox 40 man is worth $1 million or so to the Dodgers? I'm not questioning you at all, I'm just wondering. I would think if the Sox want significant salary relief, the prospect must be significant as well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
I wonder about this. Who not on the Sox 40 man is worth $1 million or so to the Dodgers? I'm not questioning you at all, I'm just wondering. I would think if the Sox want significant salary relief, the prospect must be significant as well.

Yeah, I would think at this point the Dodgers would just want to dump his entire salary. We'll see by tomorrow.....