2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I think the Bulls could use another shooter. Korver is a stud (and even JJ surprised when he was playing smart) but Watson is below average, Bogans isn't really a shooter and Brewer, when he comes back, is bad from out there. Deng did surprise me. If he can hit around a 37% clip or so from downtown, the Bulls will be in better shape in the half court when Booz gets back as a low post/pick and pop and Brewer off screens and in transition in the open court with his athleticism, so Rose can operate.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
This is why I think the Bulls could use another shooter. Korver is a stud (and even JJ surprised when he was playing smart) but Watson is below average, Bogans isn't really a shooter and Brewer, when he comes back, is bad from out there. Deng did surprise me. If he can hit around a 37% clip or so from downtown, the Bulls will be in better shape in the half court when Booz gets back as a low post/pick and pop and Brewer off screens and in transition in the open court with his athleticism, so Rose can operate.

Korver really impressed me. JJ looked ok at times with his potential showing a bit more and heck I didn't even mind seeing Scal out there.

Asik is fast for a 7-footer.

Props to Deng for this game.

I think Watson really needs to play with Rose to be most effective, but he'll be fine for a backup.

The Bulls do need Booz back, but I did like what I saw today.

If the Blazers are still going to trade Rudy, I'd off the Cats pick and maybe a second rounder. That would make the team complete.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)
If the Blazers are still going to trade Rudy, I'd off the Cats pick and maybe a second rounder. That would make the team complete.

Rudy's already suggested he's unhappy with 25 mpg in Portland. He wouldn't get more than that on the Bulls. That ship has sailed at least until the deadline.

Bogans may be a better role player than I thought.

Deng is looking good this preseason.

Rose didn't make a three, but his form looks better.

JJ is still showing flashes of big talent...but not producing results.

Once Booz is back though, Korver/Bogans/Deng should get lots of open looks from downtown.

Also, Noah :wub:

Edited by Quinarvy

bogans is playing pretty well defensively. and can knockdown some open threes. i would rather start bogans at shooting guard, and play him there for 20-24 minutes a game, then bring brewer off the bench. we need someone who can knock down threes consistently in the starting lineup.

and the guy Lucas can really bring some intensity defensively, too bad he is undersized.

rose is drawing fouls a bit more frequently, but the passing game is still not there.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

Asik is definitely hitting the rookie learning curve.

Korver, JJ, Bogans looking good.

Noah's passing is looking real good too.

More thoughts:

Omer isn't hitting the curve as bad as I thought. He'll make the garbage buckets but he'll be a Noah-esque rebounder.

Korver and Bogans are deadly with the 3pt shot so far, and Deng's been good too. If Rose starts sinking 3's, then once Boozer comes back we'll have no real weakness as Bogans/Korver/Deng/Rose will have wide open looks.

JJ and Weaver are even impressing and Weaver should make the cut over Lucas.

Minutes are going to be an issue, but this team is so deep right now. Here's how I'd roll out the lineup right now (plus Boozer & Brewer).

Rose-Watson

Bogans-Korver-Weaver

Deng-Brewer-Johnson

Boozer-Gibson-Scalabrine

Noah-Thomas-Asika

Edited by Quinarvy

For us, there's a definite possibility that Bass is going to start at the 4 and Lewis moves to the 3.

I think we have to use this system going forward, especially when we play a team like the Celtics who are so big down low.

I think by the end of the season you'll see Redick starting and VC being the 6th man off the bench. I'd argue that JJ is almost a better player right now.

Dengs 3pt shot is good. He will average 20pts a game if he keeps knocking it down.

But you know whats awesome? Karma.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...tory?id=5679262

MIAMI -- For the moment, the Heat are down to the Big One.

LeBron James left the floor limping and grabbing the back of his right leg and went straight to the locker room during Miami's 96-85 preseason victory against CSKA Moscow on Tuesday night.

The team said he was having a muscle cramp.

The Heat will become the biggest laughing stock in league history if Wade, Bosh, and LeBron get hurt, and with the minutes they'll need to play, I won't rule it out.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
Dengs 3pt shot is good. He will average 20pts a game if he keeps knocking it down.

But you know whats awesome? Karma.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...tory?id=5679262

The Heat will become the biggest laughing stock in league history if Wade, Bosh, and LeBron get hurt, and with the minutes they'll need to play, I won't rule it out.

They won't have to play any more minutes then they did with their teams last year. If anything they will be able to play less minutes.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
Tonights 30 for 30 was pretty damn good.

Obviously I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. Divac is the f***ing man. I'm buying the DVD to show all my friends who don't know how f***ed up Yugoslavia was.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:18 PMB)

I love how Thibs is using Deng, LOVE IT. If he is hitting threes at this effiency, I might have to change my tune a bit on the Bulls needing another shooter to help Rose.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 05:17 AM)
I love how Thibs is using Deng, LOVE IT. If he is hitting threes at this effiency, I might have to change my tune a bit on the Bulls needing another shooter to help Rose.

There's a reason why I thought the Bulls would be best waiting in an Anthony sweepstakes for example. This is the best roster they've had in years, and this is the first time they've had better than a pee-wee level coach on the sidelines since Skiles.

Asik is gonna be a very serviceable back-up. I love his game, energy and sheer massiveness in the paint. Noah is just awesome, I would argue the second best center in basketball based on overall game (his offense is really improving). Clearly D-Howard is #1, but off the top of my head, I can't think of another I would rather have (maybe there are, but names elude me). Rose looks ready to become a 23-24/7 guy. Can't wait til he has Boozer for that inside/outside presence. Bulls bench is very good, too. When Boozer comes back, this team could be very good.