AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

I really, really hope Peavy can stay healthy after tomorrow's game. A little concerned he's taking extra precautions just so he can squeeze in one more start prior to ASB. This is definitely his call though, so we have to trust him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I really, really hope Peavy can stay healthy after tomorrow's game. A little concerned he's taking extra precautions just so he can squeeze in one more start prior to ASB. This is definitely his call though, so we have to trust him.

I'm more worried about Jake going against a team that has seen him more than pretty much anyone else.

Jeff Cox with a call that fails 90%+ of the time but broke our way. We were due for a break with the way things have been going, especially in extra innings or late in ballgames.

Two games were nearly mirror images of each other. Rockies SHOULD have won tonight, by all rights. They've also used Street two games in a row.

Santos scared the bejesus out of Spilborghs. That pitch was one of the nastiest he's thrown all season. Now 16/18 in SV/SVO.

Jeff Cox sending Quentin on a 90 ft. suicide mission was so awesome...the whole time that ball with in the air as the Smith was coming in...in...in I was screaming "SEND HIM! SEND HIM!". The 5% chance that Smith would make an awful throw to allow a run to score was well worth the risk with Rios on deck...then Rios weakly pops to second, hence making the decision look all the greater.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Due to female complications, I once again missed another game. Can't dissect at all. But I'll take the win. But at some point, we need to go on a 12 wins in 14 games streak. Hovering around .500 is making me ill.

There is really nothing to dissect. It was 2 medicore teams playing each other. The Sox' pitching was good (as usual) and the offense was brutal (as usual).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)

I know there has been a HUGE discussion on "what he says he can do" vs. "what he is physically capable of" but I do think we he should just sit a start and let the now-5-man rotation bring us to the ASB with Jake coming back fully recovered (however relative some make think that is).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
Konerko continues to carry this offense, and it's so much fun to watch Sergio pitch.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
Jeff Cox with a call that fails 90%+ of the time but broke our way. We were due for a break with the way things have been going, especially in extra innings or late in ballgames.

Two games were nearly mirror images of each other. Rockies SHOULD have won tonight, by all rights. They've also used Street two games in a row.

Santos scared the bejesus out of Spilborghs. That pitch was one of the nastiest he's thrown all season. Now 16/18 in SV/SVO.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:30 AM)
There is really nothing to dissect. It was 2 medicore teams playing each other. The Sox' pitching was good (as usual) and the offense was brutal (as usual).

Yes sir, great posts all.

Mark B. pitched well again and Sergio was nails with the help of Rios who did make a nice grab on that shot right at him.

No bats. Surprised 3 runs were enough.

Nice win. Try to start hitting and win the series.

"The guy's out by at least 15 feet," Tracy said.

But no. Smith had two options: Air-mail the throw or long-hop it, giving Iannetta a chance to catch it and brace for the inevitable collision.

The Rockies' Ty Wiggington was picked off first base to end the fourth inning Wednesday at Coors Field. (Karl Gehring, The Denver Post)"I was trying to make it a longer hop," Smith said. "Running in and not knowing exactly where you are on the field makes it a little tough, but I would like to have made a better throw. It's baseball. There's no sense digging into it more than this. We just got beat."

Read more: White Sox beat Rockies 3-2 on sacrifice fly in ninth inning - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18380917#ixzz1QjZJ1KXz

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Jeff Cox sending Quentin on a 90 ft. suicide mission was so awesome...the whole time that ball with in the air as the Smith was coming in...in...in I was screaming "SEND HIM! SEND HIM!". The 5% chance that Smith would make an awful throw to allow a run to score was well worth the risk with Rios on deck...then Rios weakly pops to second, hence making the decision look all the greater.

As Ozzie said in the post game....with our offense being this bad, you have to take every chance you can get to score because we aren't good enough right now to sit around and wait.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
As Ozzie said in the post game....with our offense being this bad, you have to take every chance you can get to score because we aren't good enough right now to sit around and wait.

Yeah, if we were swinging the bats even decently there's no way he sends him there. But with Rios and Beckham the next two up even I was hoping they sent him. Kinda sad when you realize the fly ball shouldn't score him but that it's infinitely better of a chance than the guys you have coming up. Either way, a win's a win and it was important after the loss the night before. Now let's take today's game - winning series on the road is always a positive.