Sox vs Indians game 161 thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
I'm so glad Peavy is gone next season. I know he battled injury and such but he should sign a min contract with the SOX for all the money he jacked over the years.

Dude s*** happens, this is sports and especially when you are a pitcher anytime can a muscle pop off and screw u up. We should be fortunate that he worked his tail off to get into the shape he is, heck a ton of ppl making that type of money wouldn't have bothered getting back to where Peavy has gotten back. Just respect that and move on.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Dude s*** happens, this is sports and especially when you are a pitcher anytime can a muscle pop off and screw u up. We should be fortunate that he worked his tail off to get into the shape he is, heck a ton of ppl making that type of money wouldn't have bothered getting back to where Peavy has gotten back. Just respect that and move on.

Every time I hear Peavy speak I think of this scene.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)

More like he and his agent should be fortunate that he worked his tail off to get into the shape he is. Funny how athletes show up for that potential new pay day.

I wouldn't assume 100% that Peavy goes elsewhere next year either.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)

I wouldn't mind seeing Peavy back in 2013 and beyond but the Sox will not pick up that $22M option and I don;t think in this day and age any team would. Now maybe before it gets too late and free agency is in the works they can make a deal with Peavy. Might be possible if there are no rules agin it. Jake wants to stay

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Peavy back in 2013 and beyond but the Sox will not pick up that $22M option and I don;t think in this day and age any team would. Now maybe before it gets too late and free agency is in the works they can make a deal with Peavy. Might be possible if there are no rules agin it. Jake wants to stay

That is the only way he stays.

And that's why you can't trade Viciedo for anything less than a premium return, which you won't get for all the reasons a certain poster (and many others with his splits against righties vs. lefties) has outlined 516 times.

You have to stick with him for next year, and play him everyday. Otherwise, he's not worth anything to the Sox, really.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 02:13 AM)
Unf***ingbelievable how this happens now. Next year Management needs to print fake newspapers and leave them around the clubhouse that say the Sox are mathematically eliminated, starting in spring training. If anyone runs into any form of media that says otherwise, just laugh at them and tell them they're crazy.

It's not like they hit the ball well tonight. Indians also aren't trying at all this series since they know they can't play spoiler.