2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
The median QB Rating over the last 3 years (15 teams worse, 15 better): 82.5.

83.1 would be good for the #14 team quarterback rating over the past 3 years.

But of course the hardest thing for me was his average play (and high TOs) this year. Because that average was obviously skewed by a year or two with Devin Hester as your #1 receiver and the worst Oline.

But this is an offense designed to get the ball out early and at a high accuracy, and I wasn't impressed with his numbers. They have to improve in year 2.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I believe Cutler hasn't lived up to the hype since he was acquired,(there was talk of an immediate Super Bowl, even by Peter King) and I'm a little different from most of his fans as I think the definition of franchise QB is one that overcomes obstacles like poor lines and shaky receivers and still has success, rather than blame all failures on other team shortcomings which would make him IMO a little short of that tag, I can understand holding on to someone of his talent. Especially a franchise that has had a ridiculously hard time acquiring competent QBs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
But of course the hardest thing for me was his average play (and high TOs) this year. Because that average was obviously skewed by a year or two with Devin Hester as your #1 receiver and the worst Oline.

But this is an offense designed to get the ball out early and at a high accuracy, and I wasn't impressed with his numbers. They have to improve in year 2.

I dont doubt his toughness. i doubt doubt his arm strength, I 100% doubt his ability to make decisions. I dont think he is good at making the smart pass.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
Any chance McCown gets signed as the backup?

I had read that he was thinking about retiring to get back home to his family, but unless some team offers him some huge deal to be a starter, I would think it's likely he stays in Chicago.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
if youre going to be a distraction as a pro athlete, you better make sure you arent easily replaceable.

Yeah that's my takeaway. How exactly is this different than the lady that got fired for making an offensive joke? You are the representative of a corporation and if they don't like it they get rid of you, regardless of whether what you say is good or bad.

I also agree with the comment that as soon as Kluwe starting getting recognition for speaking out it became more about him than gay rights. His article just confirms that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
Yeah that's my takeaway. How exactly is this different than the lady that got fired for making an offensive joke?

His actions were positive, not negative?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
You are the representative of a corporation and if they don't like it they get rid of you

The corporation's owner supported Kluwe. It seems like it was a POS in middle management (special teams coach) that ultimately got him fired.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
The corporation's owner supported Kluwe. It seems like it was a POS in middle management (special teams coach) that ultimately got him fired.

well who does he blame for being released in Oakland?

Kluwe was scheduled to make $1.45M in 2013 and Minnesota found a rookie to do the job just as well while making $400k.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 06:09 PM)
This Cutler deal now gives me the chance to laugh at all my Bear fans friends who laughed at me when Romo got paid. Romo's deal nearly looks like a bargain compared to Cutty's deal.

They're more or less getting the same amount of money.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)
Yeah that's my takeaway. How exactly is this different than the lady that got fired for making an offensive joke? You are the representative of a corporation and if they don't like it they get rid of you, regardless of whether what you say is good or bad.

I also agree with the comment that as soon as Kluwe starting getting recognition for speaking out it became more about him than gay rights. His article just confirms that.

I thought from the beginning that at the end of the day it was a football move -- Kluwe was going to make too much money to be an average punter. But from the Vikings' perspective, I'm sure getting rid of supposed distractions wasn't a bad thing.

In general I like Kluwe, though he does tend to give off too much of the "arrogant moralist" vibe. He doesn't want to just beat you in an argument about marriage equality, he wants to make sure you know he's smarter than you while you're doing it.

That said, if Preifer actually said those things, he's f***ed. In this cultural/media environment, even civilly disagreeing with marriage equality will draw some ire. Saying we should send all the gays to an island and then nuke it til it glows? That's not going to end well for him...nor should it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
Forecast in Green Bay for Sunday keeps dropping. Now they're saying a high of -3 and a low of -18. I might be going. Boy is that going to be fun. Have to bust out my deer hunting clothes.

Apparently there are still tickets available for that game, as well as the Indy and Cincinnati games. Blackout rules still apply.

http://deadspin.com/three-of-four-nfl-play...-out-1493124005