2014-2015 NFL Football thread

I would think that Sam would understand it is probably not the best idea to be caught checking out other guys in an NFL locker room

Idiots have been calling into B&B making the girl lockerroom comparison, but frankly it isn't even close. If a nfl guy is showering with a bunch of chicks and decides to put the moves on a chick, there is a good chance the chick will have no way to defend herself. Sam would get destroyed

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
I would think that Sam would understand it is probably not the best idea to be caught checking out other guys in an NFL locker room

Idiots have been calling into B&B making the girl lockerroom comparison, but frankly it isn't even close. If a nfl guy is showering with a bunch of chicks and decides to put the moves on a chick, there is a good chance the chick will have no way to defend herself. Sam would get destroyed

This is true to an extent, it's not the actual checking them out or hitting on them. That won't happen. But it is just like a female in the room while you change and shower. It's not how he acts, it's how comfortable he makes the teammates.

From all accounts at Mizzou, he is such an out going and freindly guy that everyone liked him and some even went to gay bars to hang out with him. So if there is such thing as a perfect guy to break the barrier, it sounds like it's him.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
This is true to an extent, it's not the actual checking them out or hitting on them. That won't happen. But it is just like a female in the room while you change and shower. It's not how he acts, it's how comfortable he makes the teammates.

From all accounts at Mizzou, he is such an out going and freindly guy that everyone liked him and some even went to gay bars to hang out with him. So if there is such thing as a perfect guy to break the barrier, it sounds like it's him.

I understand it isn't how he acts, that's why I found the comments funny. Some guy called in to every show today to make the same bad shower comment. People think he is going to be walking around the locker room trying to convert other players. This will be his profession, not his personal life

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
I understand it isn't how he acts, that's why I found the comments funny. Some guy called in to every show today to make the same bad shower comment. People think he is going to be walking around the locker room trying to convert other players. This will be his profession, not his personal life

There are some people who are just too stupid. Could you imagine hearing that? "Hey, uhh, sorry to ask this, but you have a really nice package. Do you think you would want to be gay?"

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
There are some people who are just too stupid. Could you imagine hearing that? "Hey, uhh, sorry to ask this, but you have a really nice package. Do you think you would want to be gay?"

bigotry is stupid, inside and out

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
@viccarucci

Ray Farmer promoted to GM. Joe Banner to step down as CEO. GM Michael Lombardi to leave the team. Press conf. at 11am

The Browns.

Ray Farmer is well respected but the Browns may as well just go ahead and name Kevin Costner as their actual GM.

Browns really are just unreal right now. I kinda liked the Lombardi/Chudz/Turner group and thought they would do well. Then the Trich trade turned out to be really smart, Josh Gordon turned into a star and they seemed to just be a QB and some trash RB away.

And so they decide to fire everyone, hire a coach before a new GM...sigh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
Bears own 2 of the 8 largest cap numbers for next season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-footba...-nfl-cap-issues

Actually, really smart for the Bears. Get most of the cap hit out of the way so it can be more flexible later on. That cap hit is almost half of the guaranteed money.

Edit: the comment was for Cutler's contract

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Actually, really smart for the Bears. Get most of the cap hit out of the way so it can be more flexible later on. That cap hit is almost half of the guaranteed money.

Edit: the comment was for Cutler's contract

Indeed, and the way it's structured they can dip into it if need be.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
Just wait until the owners business fraud case comes home to roost

They're based in Knoxville and I have gotten the impression this will wind up like most other business fraud cases. The underlings go to jail but the company pays a fine and the top guys insulate themselves through the money.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
Ya, I'm not sure how they can even get by without the 9.8M cutting him opens up.

I still hope there will be some way they can restructure it to keep him, because if they do lose him that's yet another gaping hole on the defense and 9.8 mil isn't all that much with the sheer number of holes they have.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
I still hope there will be some way they can restructure it to keep him, because if they do lose him that's yet another gaping hole on the defense and 9.8 mil isn't all that much with the sheer number of holes they have.

This, I'm hoping for a restructuring of his deal more over cutting him.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Every one of those awful quotes, in context, make sense. I mean, they're still inappropriate in public, but in private between two friends? And it sure seemed like Martin played a long too. Not to the same degree, but still.

I'd be super pissed if I were Icongnito. This asshole ruined your career over nothing.

Or not.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-t...dati-1522846626

Mike Pouncey should be getting more heat for this. Him and Richie Incognito seem like two awful people.

Not only how they treated Martin, but how they treated that trainer is disgusting.

Edited by GoSox05