**Official ALDS Games thread**

Brian

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
I really want to see Baltimore advance, however, is there a reason that the idiot fans insist on scream-humming the bassline of Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes? There doesn't appear to be a specific in-game event that prompts it. Idiot Ravens fans also do this, I've noticed.

I don't know, but the White Stripes are from Detroit, so that's actually pretty funny.

I really want to see Baltimore advance, however, is there a reason that the idiot fans insist on scream-humming the bassline of Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes? There doesn't appear to be a specific in-game event that prompts it. Idiot Ravens fans also do this, I've noticed.

Its a Detroit band too I believe.

I hate this walker song that TBS keeps playing much more tbh.

Well they are the O's and it sounds like they are chanting O. That would be my guess

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
Nothing like a $160 million team trailing by one in the 9th inning of a playoff game and having Herman Perez, Austin Romine, and Eugenio Suarez come to bat.

I don't even know who the first and last guys are. I've never even heard of them before today.

kind of funny when you think about how Verlander said that Oakland made the Lester trade so they could compete with the Tigers, yet Oakland didnt get out of the wildcard game and Detroit looking like they arent gonna get out of the first round.

Looking at the replay of Young's double...why the hell would you throw him a slider? If you miss with a slider to him, you better miss wide. He's punished them this year.

If you go look at Delmon Young's pitch-type value chart, in every good season he's had, he's had a positive value against sliders, which means he's probably not chasing crap sliders in the dirt.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
kind of funny when you think about how Verlander said that Oakland made the Lester trade so they could compete with the Tigers, yet Oakland didnt get out of the wildcard game and Detroit looking like they arent gonna get out of the first round.

Oakland made all the right moves and still didn't make it. Sucks

Detroit made all the wrong moves (or no moves at all) and is paying for it now. Very good :)

Nothing like a $160 million team trailing by one in the 9th inning of a playoff game and having Herman Perez, Austin Romine, and Eugenio Suarez come to bat.

And its only going to increase with Miggy, Verlander, and possibly Scherzer or Price extensions.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Oakland made all the right moves and still didn't make it. Sucks

Detroit made all the wrong moves (or no moves at all) and is paying for it now. Very good :)

To this day, that offseason Doug Fister trade just dumbfounds me

When I saw this on gameday, I thought the same thing!