speaking of Hahn

Douglas Rome

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
Ditka worked for one season, after that he wasted the talent that was on those Bears teams.

And I'm pretty sure the best part of that Superbowl team was winning the Superbowl...

Buddy Ryan, not Ditka, is the reason the Bears won the Super Bowl...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 06:54 AM)
you guys prolly don't spank your kids either. Most of these modern players are big

spoiled crybabies and so rich they could care less. If I was manager, no facial hair,

no jewelry, butch crew hair cut and if they don't like it they don't play.

thanks, douglas

Old people and the internet.

Priceless.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 02:54 AM)
you guys prolly don't spank your kids either. Most of these modern players are big

spoiled crybabies and so rich they could care less. If I was manager, no facial hair,

thanks, douglas

Did you have a bowel movement today? Just wanna make sure everything's smooth down there, Doug.

MM and RM both had crew cuts, smoked cigs, didn't

have tattoos and they both hit a lot of home runs. You don't

have to look like a freak or a clown to perform and respect the

game. Yeah, gimme the 50s back anytime. Today's managers

are puppets, there's a few with a backbone. thanks, douglas

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
Did you have a bowel movement today? Just wanna make sure everything's smooth down there, Doug.

i have been wondering where you been lurking about. :huh:

i would have thought you would have been on this. btw. bowel movement.

classic. :D

merry xmas

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)

Actually, all hell started breaking loose in 1913. Everything since has been complete brainwashed zombie garbage. So if we're gonna be cranking up the time machine in the name of "better times" -- lets at least get it right.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
Actually, all hell started breaking loose in 1913. Everything since has been complete brainwashed zombie garbage. So if we're gonna be cranking up the time machine in the name of "better times" -- lets at least get it right.

:cheers

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)

All this is missing is GET OFF MY LAWN!

My introduction to this fine forum was not very pleasant :gosox1: . But now that we know each other,

I'm looking forward to a very good 2015 season. With the additions made so far, I hope

we're not done, there's no reason the Sox can't manage the front page all year. thanks, douglas

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 04:30 AM)
My introduction to this fine forum was not very pleasant :gosox1: . But now that we know each other,

I'm looking forward to a very good 2015 season. With the additions made so far, I hope

we're not done, there's no reason the Sox can't manage the front page all year. thanks, douglas

It's all good man. And don't worry, not a single Soxtalk member will remember this thread in another day or that you were part of it, I promise. Welcome!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Why did White Sox attendance drop the last 5 consecutive years of Ozzie's tenure?

Actually White Sox attendance has dropped every year since Ozzie left and Robin took over as well. So I don't think the manager affects attendance. But the GM probably does. So KW is probably most responsible for 9 straight years of declining attendance.

Certainly if attendance continues to decline( and I don't think it will), then the White Sox franchise is in serious trouble. Sale and Abreu alone should sell tickets after last season. Has there been any stories yet on 2015 Season Ticket sales ???

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Actually White Sox attendance has dropped every year since Ozzie left and Robin took over as well. So I don't think the manager affects attendance. But the GM probably does. So KW is probably most responsible for 9 straight years of declining attendance.

Certainly if attendance continues to decline( and I don't think it will), then the White Sox franchise is in serious trouble. Sale and Abreu alone should sell tickets after last season. Has there been any stories yet on 2015 Season Ticket sales ???

the team sucks plain and simple. as bill veeck said, you put the product on the

field, and coaches who knows what to do, the fans of the southside will come

out and support.

this was said when he brought the team.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 04:30 AM)

Hint for fitting in. Don't call everyone too young to understand what you are talking about. A good chunk of this page is populated by professionals who in addition to having a firm grasp on baseball, also have families of their own, and understand the dynamics of dealing with people and bosses. In otherwords, just because people don't agree with you, doesn't make them stupid. That isn't exactly a pleasant way to introduce yourself to an established group. The vast majority of us have been here for years, and many know each other in real life. Either way, no one is going to take kindly to being talked down to by a guy walking into our house for the first time.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
the team sucks plain and simple. as bill veeck said, you put the product on the

field, and coaches who knows what to do, the fans of the southside will come

out and support.

this was said when he brought the team.

He also said that if the fans don't come out for the games--------------------they will for Disco Demolition Night. So much for his wisdom of fan attendance.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 04:54 AM)

thanks, douglas

HatB_-_Don_Mattingly_s_misfortune.png

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)

The Cabrera signing was inspired by the rise in season ticket sales . I read that there were as many this year, once the signings started. as there have been in the last 4 years combined.