Brian Anderson..heeee's baaaack...heeee's gone

flavum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Still, you think they could do better than a guy who couldn't hit 5 years ago. The last time he faced pro pitching.

I think he may be going to Soxfest. Maybe his "fee" is doing him this solid. I expect him to be cut in AZ.

I don't think its worth all of this hand waving. And it is very little hand waving at that. If it was Brian Smith nobody would care

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
I really miss all those threads about how He Was Really Good - We Just Mishandled Him

I will go to my grave believing we win the 2006 AL Central if he's the everyday starting CF and Mackowiak barely, if ever, plays there. Entirely for defensive reasons. And no, WAR doesn't agree and I get that.

I wonder what his deal was as a pitcher. Never even threw 10 IP in a minor league season, even though he didn't do badly in his limited innings each time. Also weird that he's been out of the game for several years and is still making this comeback

If Anderson came into the majors in this era (vs. when he did), I think people would value him much differently. The guy was an absolutely incredible defensive centerfielder who got jacked around like crazy by one Ozzie Guillen. Supposedly he's been working out hard and is coming in with a fantastic attitude. If he can play D and demonstrate some improvements at the plate, great, if not, no harm no foul. I can think of a lot of guys who had a lot less talent than BA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 5m5 minutes ago

From BA: "I’m more excited to sign right now than I was when I got drafted in the first round."

good god. revealing.

BA was very into the outer trimmings of being a pro athlete. giving tickets away to the right female fans etc

Edited by Jose Paniagua