Brian Anderson..heeee's baaaack...heeee's gone

flavum

I'm BACCCKKKKKK!

Seriously though. I'm surprised to see this much positivity.

I know he has stayed in great shape, who knows. Maybe he can still play the outfield and have a good arm. Hit .220.

Sounds like Jordan Danks to me.. But whatever. Let him try. Nothing bad can come out of it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
Because Jordan Danks has a first round pedigree and a ring? There's a strong emphasis on defense in today's game, more so than we've ever seen before, Anderson's ELITE level defense would be invaluable between Melky and Avisail.

This signing is already a huge win cause you brought that sig back.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
I'm BACCCKKKKKK!

Seriously though. I'm surprised to see this much positivity.

I know he has stayed in great shape, who knows. Maybe he can still play the outfield and have a good arm. Hit .220.

Sounds like Jordan Danks to me.. But whatever. Let him try. Nothing bad can come out of it.

Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan and Albert Belle have about the same odds as Anderson playing for the White Sox this season.

We thought Kendrys Morales and Drew last year were bad offensively after sitting out?

(This is where someone will state it would only be as a defensive replacement, to which I'd counter we already have Bonifacio...and Anderson's not an especially adept baserunner...so one position would be pretty much limited to the same role as Leury without Garcia's positional flexibility.)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
This is my favorite move of the offseason.

Oh f*** yea Kal. I'm doing the same in bringing mine back as well. (Although for some reason I can't make it bigger *cough.. that's what she said.. cough*)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 06:01 AM)
I'm not sure why everyone loves this signing. He was drafted by the Sox, and was part of the World Series team, but he's toast now. Leury Garcia is a better hitter than him.

It's a nice story and everything, but there's no chance he makes the roster unless a ton of guys get injured.

there is a metric ton of sarcasm in this thread. maybe a few pounds more

I really miss all those threads about how He Was Really Good - We Just Mishandled Him

What I always said is that if you can fill the other 8 lineup spots with average or better hitters, you can carry BA's bat in the 9 spot because he's just that good defensively.

Of course, he probably isn't still that good defensively.

All joking aside, I can't even tell you guys how thrilled I would be if he could somehow pull it all together and become the fourth outfielder on this time. I've always been a fan of his and really felt that had Ozzie not jerked him around so much that he could have become at least an average major league centerfielder.

I'm surprised that no one has stated the obvious. This allows him to easily take a position on the Sox coaching staff as roving minor league batting instructor until there is room on Robin's staff. Not only filling two roster positions as a OF/P but coaching as well. The future of baseball.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 08:19 AM)
I'm surprised that no one has stated the obvious. This allows him to easily take a position on the Sox coaching staff as roving minor league batting instructor until there is room on Robin's staff. Not only filling two roster positions as a OF/P but coaching as well. The future of baseball.

Plus, he could spend some time in the booth, spelling Hawk or Farmer. And don't forget about hot dog vendor.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 08:19 AM)

Player(OF,P)/Coach/Director of Groupie Parties...i love it

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
Plus, he could spend some time in the booth, spelling Hawk or Farmer. And don't forget about hot dog vendor.

He could do play by play and have one or more of his girlfriends provide "color".