Why should Robin Ventura have a MLB manager job

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if LaRussa would leave the DBacks job....kind of a no-win situation to come back to Chicago, but he supposedly misses managing a lot.

Gardenhire would be an obvious in-season choice.

I'd almost take Ozzie, this team (and organization as a whole) has become so mind-numbingly difficult to follow.

Does anyone have any idea how RV runs his practices? I imagine it's a complete cluter with guys just doing what they want. How many of the pitchers are going to fail to backup home plate? I mean, you learn that in f***ing Legion ball and it's drilled into your head time and time again every spring anyways. Did our pitchers do any f***ing fielding drills this spring or you know have any practice backing up the plate after another gopherball?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/594625993089789954

Fires off that tweet, hits the buffet.

Everybody who's never held accountable or ever called out privately for their crap play always say this. I've had it. I've given RV the benefit of the doubt...but I'm DONE! My first call is to Tony. My second it to Gardy. I'm just sick of this crap. There's way too much talent on this team....

QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/594625993089789954

Fires off that tweet, hits the buffet.

Holy. s***. Any Michigan fans here? If that isn't Dave Brandon talking about Brady Hoke I don't know what is. Wow. That is some of the dumbest s*** I've ever heard. I bet people believed in Bernie Madoff to the end as well. GTFO. Merkin is part to the Circus though so why would he rock the boat?

This entire org, most of the beat and radio guys as well, is a bunch of f***ing toadies for JR.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
Everybody who's never held accountable or ever called out privately for their crap play always say this. I've had it. I've given RV the benefit of the doubt...but I'm DONE! My first call is to Tony. My second it to Gardy. I'm just sick of this crap. There's way too much talent on this team....

Yup. See what I just wrote about Brady Hoke. It's the exact f***ing thing Dave Brandon was saying about Hoke. Yea right. Nobody believes anything. WE SEE THE PLAYERS. Is this a bunch having fun?

Don't piss on the fans and tell them it's raining. f*** off.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
Yup. See what I just wrote about Brady Hoke. It's the exact f***ing thing Dave Brandon was saying about Hoke. Yea right. Nobody believes anything. WE SEE THE PLAYERS. Is this a bunch having fun?

Don't piss on the fans and tell them it's raining. f*** off.

This is why the Sox organization top down has missed the playoffs last 8 years. JR loyalty is a reason why Sox have been in the s***ter so long.

QUOTE (spiderman @ May 2, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
If the White Sox do fire Ventura, I think Ozzie Guillen is a strong possibility. I'm not endorsing that move, just think it feels like a move they would make.

It's very Billy Martinesque. I like it.

But it won't happen. To daring.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
This is why the Sox organization top down has missed the playoffs last 8 years. JR loyalty is a reason why Sox have been in the s***ter so long.

look at the loyalty JR and owners get from this site. look at the, for me, holy hell i got showing and yes ranting that the sox stop too early in getting FA's. at that time, i was ranting that the sox needed 2 more players and a backup.

either way, nothing is going to change, this could've been a great team to see in the playoff. the sox is missing the spark. that spark did happen and then it died in Balt. how to get it back??

i like today's game, the sox scored 3 runs. well, maybe tomorrow will be better.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 2, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
look at the loyalty JR and owners get from this site. look at the, for me, holy hell i got showing and yes ranting that the sox stop too early in getting FA's. at that time, i was ranting that the sox needed 2 more players and a backup.

either way, nothing is going to change, this could've been a great team to see in the playoff. the sox is missing the spark. that spark did happen and then it died in Balt. how to get it back??

i like today's game, the sox scored 3 runs. well, maybe tomorrow will be better.

Against Nolasco, if you're satisfied with just three runs....well, the bar of expectations has been readjusted way too low.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:48 AM)
Against Nolasco, if you're satisfied with just three runs....well, the bar of expectations has been readjusted way too low.

yes i agree that i have readjusted the bar. i want to be seen as still a sox fan, and yeah, with little hope in this team. i am now of the expectancy of seeing the sox maybe finish with a little better record than last yr. yes, i do not want to known of a poster who is constantly complaining that the sox are screwing up.

might as well make the best of this mess up team. there is going to be a time to point fingers. funny how the sox owners came out and gave grief on the fans not showing up, why are the owners not coming out and give grief on the embarrassing way their team is performing. where is the accountability from the management group????

oh maybe it is the sox fans are still not coming out as expected, is the reason they are loosing.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
You offer it to Gardenhire. He supposedly wants to get back into managing. Offer him the job immediately, if he says no, move on.

Gardenhire seems to be the flavor of the month since fathom started saying it. What ever happened to Dave Martinez ? Everybody was hot for him at one time when he was Maddons bench coach.

Ventura shouldn't have been hired in the first place. He came into the Sox managing job without any credentials to be a manger. He was fricking coaching a high school baseball team and doing college baseball color commentary. He was a really good major league player, but that is not a credential to being a successful manager. Never coached college ball, minor league ball or was a coach at the Major League level. The Sox just hired him for god knows why. To this day, I have absolutely no idea why the hell he was offered the White Sox job.

He needs to go, plain and simple. We have a team that plays such horses*** fundamentals, bad defense, terrible at-bats. At some point, the manager has to shoulder the blame. Success is never solely because of a manager and ditto for failure, but he deserves a significant part of the blame.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
Gardenhire seems to be the flavor of the month since fathom started saying it. What ever happened to Dave Martinez ? Everybody was hot for him at one time when he was Maddons bench coach.

He's still Maddon's bench coach.

Gardenhire would be exactly what you want in an interim manager. He gets back into managing, and if the fit works, you give him a 2-year contract.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)

Once he didn't get the Rays job this year there was a consensus there must be something wrong with him that can't be seen on the surface.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)

If you're intent on bringing someone in mid-season to salvage 2015, you bring in someone with previous managerial experience.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Ventura shouldn't have been hired in the first place. He came into the Sox managing job without any credentials to be a manger. He was fricking coaching a high school baseball team and doing college baseball color commentary. He was a really good major league player, but that is not a credential to being a successful manager. Never coached college ball, minor league ball or was a coach at the Major League level. The Sox just hired him for god knows why. To this day, I have absolutely no idea why the hell he was offered the White Sox job.

He needs to go, plain and simple. We have a team that plays such horses*** fundamentals, bad defense, terrible at-bats. At some point, the manager has to shoulder the blame. Success is never solely because of a manager and ditto for failure, but he deserves a significant part of the blame.

Absolutely agree. There are only thirty MLB manager jobs and there are so many baseball people who have coached and managed in the minor leagues or even in the major leagues for years who are just dying to get a shot at managing a big league club. It's really a slap in the face to hire a guy with absolutely no coaching experience who never even seemed interested in managing.

What did Robin have on his resume that qualified him to manage a major league team that was serious about contending? Would any of the other major league teams even have had him under consideration to manage? Did the Sox even do their due diligence and interview any other candidates?