Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
The #WhiteSox would love to add a bat, but unless they move position player off their 25 man roster, they have no room.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/627189253835862016

My guess on how this translates is that they are looking for someone to pick up one of their salaries, before adding more to the payroll.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I still believe they'll regret not moving Shark.

Well I feel quite certain that Sox fans for years will bemoan the fact we didn't get the ultra-massive, franchise-changing prospect packages that we surely passed up on

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Yea, they're definitely not this dumb. It's pretty easy to figure out. You send Leury down, keep Bonifacio on the DL for a month until the rosters expand September 1.

Seems odd or just pure speculation from a national writer.

Maybe the White Sox management just doesn't know how much to sacrifice in order to compete this year; also, if they are looking for a power hitter, it may just more of resolving how to fit these pieces together (the log jam they create).

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
They could always work out an extension before the end of the year.

Yes, but this close to free agency doesn't make too much sense to pass that up. Especially when it is Detroit, because no matter what, Detroit sucks and always will.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
My guess on how this translates is that they are looking for someone to pick up one of their salaries, before adding more to the payroll.

Possibly, but Hahn has said they have payroll space to add this summer, if the situation was right. Maybe this situation isn't right, but I don't think it is strictly a $$ thing.

More likely that a bat would result in cutting into LaRoche's PT, and since he's locked up next year, that doesn't make much sense (to the FO anyway).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Well whatever the best offer is they should take it. Whatever the return is...it's better than nothing.

Not necessarily. Maybe they value the ability to be able to resign him more than some s*** prospect.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Not necessarily. Maybe they value the ability to be able to resign him more than some s*** prospect.

They literally can't resign him if they don't trade him unless they extend him before the end of the season.

Rosenthal now cites a CBA provision providing that a released player also cannot be re-signed by his club until May 15 of the ensuing year.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
MLBN says they're talking about the White Sox after the break... should be an interesting 30 seconds

No...just frustrating I am sure. They aren't going to break news on MLBN.