9/18 at Cleveland Indians

flavum

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
the sox have lost faith in themselves, lost confidence and lost hope.

all they are doing to going thru the motions.

someone in the dugout needs to come call them out.

this is the time for a manager or captain to do it..... who will it be....

silence and the sounds of crickets.

They just suck.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
God the Sox are so terrible, it's beyond Fun Bad; which has characterized past teams. This is just......sad. No hope for this team.

10-1 now. May as well keep your ass in the dugout Cooper. Nothing you can do

This team is a disgrace! Ownership best make some major changes once the season ends. Start with Ventura and Cooper and the rest of the coaching staff.

JR needs to show the fans he has a clue as to what is going on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
We've got Sale for 2017, 2018, and 2019. No reason why his value will drop in a trade before the end of 2017 unless he gets hurt. I mean, it'll drop but it'll drop to "level someone might pay".

But if we're mad at that...then be mad at this clusterf*** of a season. Because we had no patience we blew 2015 for nothing, blew a ton of free agent money, blew our minor league depth, and failed to give lots of development time to our system. Maybe we should take a lesson from that. We won't, of course, and then we'll be having this discussion next year.

Even right now, unless they're sure that Saladino isn't the starter...Saladino shouldn't just be completely benched.

We have so many guys like Saladino, Garcia, Micah, Avi, Flowers who we have no clue whether they can improve enough to be above average major leaguers. Thompson, same thing. If they really believe Olt's the long-term answer, god help us.

Shark staying blocked Johnson for another month...now it's harder to get a full read on both Johnson and Montas.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Tigers just blew it. Bad. BAD!

Quietly Perez has twenty homers in an overall disappointing season for him.

$7 million over 5 years. Best bargain in baseball.

Meanwhile, Cueto the latest example of NL stars looking suddenly human in the AL.

Ironic that two main players who fizzled for them this year, Frasor and Alex Rios, both played for the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Where do the Sox sit in the draft at this point?

Currently tied with the Red Sox and DBacks, with 9 teams ahead of that group. Haven't looked at what the tiebreakers are but this page says Red Sox have the draft tiebreaker. As of right now we're 11th pending results of later games if that's true? (Head to head tiebreaker against the Red Sox maybe?)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
Quietly Perez has twenty homers in an overall disappointing season for him.

$7 million over 5 years. Best bargain in baseball.

Meanwhile, Cueto the latest example of NL stars looking suddenly human in the AL.

Ironic that two main players who fizzled for them this year, Frasor and Alex Rios, both played for the Sox.

That will go unnoticed in the Sox organization.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:41 PM)
Holland blows it in the 12th. Sox are 1 game from the Tigers--which is good.

Top 10 will just give the Sox more incentive to sign some mid-tier "proven veteran" FA.

Oh, what am I saying....they'll do it anyway, protected or not. Just 1 or 2 players away, you know.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
Thank God those Sale runs were unearned. I was cringing at the thought of his ERA before I saw the box score.

I check his Ks. He's 2nd in baseball in that stat. Shutting him down denies him a chance at being the leader in Ks. It may not be popular with the treating pitchers like glass crowd but it may be a goal he wants to achieve.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
I agree. Its a little strange since he isn't going to win Cy Young award any way.

Last game we had posters thinking the Twins knew something that was tipping his pitchers. They must have shared w the Indians. I think he is just running out of gas down the stretch. He has had a hell of a season so I wish they would let him take it easy for the next few weeks. He is the franchise and they need to keep him healthy.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
Last game we had posters thinking the Twins knew something that was tipping his pitchers. They must have shared w the Indians. I think he is just running out of gas down the stretch. He has had a hell of a season so I wish they would let him take it easy for the next few weeks. He is the franchise and they need to keep him healthy.

Put him in bubble wrap for the off season as well since he got injured before the season started.